DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-03-28 12:48:26

steffen

alot of mp3s + mac + wlan + itunes

hellO! i have added all my mp3s, around 35K to a itunes library on the nas disc (this took quite a while, but now its done)
i cannot browse into the mp3 directory with finder sad - but all other dirs seems to work out fine - this is with the default settings, on the b11 firmware.

I changed some options in the smb.conf file a while ago, but it seems to be reset on every reboot of the disc, how do I make it stay?

And what i really wonder is if anyone got any tips on how i can browe my mp3s through itunes? the "show in finder" choise just makes my finder stop responding sad

need tips

#2 2008-03-28 16:00:55

skandy

Re: alot of mp3s + mac + wlan + itunes

I simply eabled the iTunes server pointed at the root folder. iTunes automatically discovered the NAS as server and now i can listen music from 3 different computer where iTunes is installed.
Another tip (which didn't work for me) is to create an alias and copy (not move, mind me!) it to the local music folder.
First of all though u must add the NAS on the finder: open a finder window and press cmd + k
Insert smb://192.168.xxx.yyy, (where xxx.yyy point to the web address of the NAS), username and password (if any)

#3 2008-03-28 19:01:43

steffen

Re: alot of mp3s + mac + wlan + itunes

yep, the problem is the amount of folders in the mp3 directory - finder just wont list it ;(

Board footer