DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-05-15 19:37:34

L1

help for ctoorent+ctcs

So far I've manage to install fonz fun_plug and ctorrent (following radir instructions: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t1434-Torrent-DNS-313.html)
But although I can see perl and everything in fons packages, I really have no idea how to get this to work!

could someone post a "dummy" how-to to explain this?

#2 2008-05-19 22:32:30

radir

Re: help for ctoorent+ctcs

L1 wrote:

So far I've manage to install fonz fun_plug and ctorrent (following radir instructions: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t1434-Torrent-DNS-313.html)
But although I can see perl and everything in fons packages, I really have no idea how to get this to work!

could someone post a "dummy" how-to to explain this?

Hi!

If you have a working perl than it is quite easy: CTCS is a front-end for ctorrent, it provides you a web based GUI for ctorrent instances IF ctorrent is connecting to ctcs.
You need to start ctcs -p <port_A> [ctcs will be listening on this port], then ctorrent -S <ip:port_A> [connect to ctcs running on ip:port_A].

By the way you can find doc on developer's site at http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/.

Regards.

#3 2008-05-21 20:30:23

L1

OK, then I guess my problem comes from perl :-)
This is what I did:
  - I've install the perl package (using fonz fun_plug)
  - The only thig I managed to get is tha "man perl" works....
But when I start ctcs: ./ctcs -p 2071
I get series of strange messages... they look like:
./ctcs: line 22: use: not found

if I do ctcs I get a permission denied message!

I really don't know what this means!

#4 2008-05-21 20:56:36

L1

Ok, forget about what I've just wrote. It's working :-) thanks all for your work

Actually this is what I had to do: write "perl ctcs" in the command line and that was it!
Now, I can see what's going on through the web.... cool

I just need to find out how I can make this work transparently... because for now, the console is used by ctcs, and I cannot do any other comands!

#5 2008-05-22 13:19:34

radir

L1 wrote:

Ok, forget about what I've just wrote. It's working :-) thanks all for your work

Actually this is what I had to do: write "perl ctcs" in the command line and that was it!
Now, I can see what's going on through the web.... cool

I just need to find out how I can make this work transparently... because for now, the console is used by ctcs, and I cannot do any other comands!

Usually <command &> put process in background.

Re perl: I guess the problem you had is that in ctcs script perl interpreter is referenced with a non-valid path. if you check ctcs 1st line and modify it to point to the proper perl's path, then you can run <./ctcs ... &>.

But glad to hear ctcs is working for you :-)

#6 2008-05-22 20:01:35

L1

OK thanks Radir for the tip: now it's working as I like it....
I even get rather decent downloads rates. So I should say you did a good job :-)

One last question though: do you know what is the proper perl's path when you've installed it with fonz packages? because no matter what I've tried I d'ont seem to get the 1st line right :-(

#7 2008-05-23 12:14:14

radir

Majority of job was done by ctorrent developers, thanks to them.

Actually i don't use fonz package but <find / -name perl> will find the exact location of perl.

#8 2008-05-25 17:26:29

L1

Ok, it's all fine now :-)
If someone is interested, the first line has to be: #!/mnt/HD_a4/ffp/bin/perl -Tw

Thanks a lot radir

Board footer