DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-05-19 23:38:16

massey

Help with fun_plug

Hi,

I'm new to this field so forgive me for my stupidity! I'm trying to install fun_plug (so I can use the unit as a UPnP media server) and I've been trying to follow the guide that Bronek posted for dummies. (I've updated the firmware on my new dns-313 with 1.01b12)

I've downloaded fun_plug.tgz and fun_plug and put them in volume-1 (root directory using windows). I've edited fun_plug with notepad and replaced the line FFP_PATH=/mnt/HD_a2/ffp with FFP_PATH=/mnt/HD_a4/ffp

I've rebooted the unit using the power button. However it doesn't seem to install anything, still have to use the unlock code to telnet and also no ffp folder is created.

Am I missing something somewhere? I've spent hours now and I don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 2008-05-21 23:15:13

L1

Re: Help with fun_plug

I believe your problem comes from the usage of notepad: you need to edit fun_plug with a UNIX-compatible editor.
I'm using Notepad++ (it's free, you should have no problem to find it), and it seems to work! so, my advice would be to try with this editor....

otherwise, I'm afrais you'll have to do it from within the console, using "vi".... it works too

#3 2008-05-24 11:22:09

massey

Re: Help with fun_plug

Thanks L1 - works a treat now!

Board footer