DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-04 19:45:26

kurtnolf

clean install

Any idea how to do a real clea, install ? Even when I delete all partitions first and re-install using the Dlink install CD, it still retains old information ( users, fixed IP, .... ) after installation. I have a problem with the users and ftp. I can not delete some users anymore and the ftp does not work anymore with user / password logins only as anonymous. I want to wipe it clean,  do a clean install and upgrade to the latest fw. This behaviour started spontaneously after a few weeks without touching the config in any way.

Overall, this must be the worst electronic device that I ever bought in my life. The SW is crap, it is unstable. And also the Dlink support site
matches the crap level of the device itself. I downloaded the latest Quick Connect utility with the latest fw but I can not use it. It gives a 'can not copy file'
error. To users looking for a NAS, do not buy a DNS-313. Overall it is not worth a dime.

#2 2009-02-05 12:16:55

kurtnolf

Re: clean install

In a final desperate attempt, I did the following :

- connected the NAS to my Windows PC
- removed the existing partitions
- created one big partition
- formatted the partition NTFS
- copied a bunch of files onto it
- removed the partition again
- resetted the NAS and connected it to my LAN
- launched the Quick Connect utility ( 1.02 ) from a PC where it has never been launched before to perform a clean install ( no static IP, nu users )

Result

- after clean installation I have a static IP that I configured before
- there are users created
- I can not delete some users ( reason why I want to do a clean install )

Anybody a idea how this is possible ?????? Why does it retain old settings after a clean install even when I manually delete partitions and start from scratch ?? I have no inspiration anymore how to to a real clean install of this piece of junk. I also tried reset button ....

Thx a lot if you have suggestions

#3 2009-02-05 17:00:39

bojer

Tose settings are kept in flash storage - there should be some script which writes changes to these files. Right now I don't remember which...

#4 2009-02-05 22:07:43

kurtnolf

Thx. I found the solution in the GUI ( reset to factory defaults ). Missed it. I thought that the config saved on one of the partitions.

Board footer