DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-06-16 10:54:15

myjess

Installing Lenny

Can anyone assist.
I already had the 313 with fonz's stuff on it, then I blew the partitions away, and set it up for Lenny.
The install for Lenny went fine, and the reboot seemed to work, with the green led coming on after a couple mins, but, I cannot see any IP for it. I tried static and dhcp, but no joy.

I even tried hooking my 232-3v3 adapter up to the board, but am not even getting any oputput here, even though the baud is correct.

S0, I did a complete reset, which seems to have put a lot back to initial conditions except for usernames. The problem I now have is that the NAS breaks the telnet connection as soon as I try it, and ssh no longer works at all(of course)!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 2009-06-16 11:36:32

frank

Re: Installing Lenny

I installed the CharminBaer lenny for my DNS-313 a couple days ago and also had problems of not seeing the box on the net. With D-Links own software I have no problems but for some reason the lenny release messes up my DNS-313 in a odd way.

It gets a new MAC-address and stops functioning totally with my ZyXEL GS-108B gigabit switch. It does not get a IP from my cablemodem nor does it work with a static IP. With a SMC 100mbit switch the box gets a IP and functions but hangs momentarily all the time. 5-10 second network lag attacks although ifconfig shows only minor errors and drops. These lag spikes happen almost once a minute. But if I plug the DNS-313 directly to the cablemodem, no problems. It functions perfectly. Tried various CAT5 and CAT6 cables with no difference.

The box not working with any of my switches is not acceptable as I cannot physically position the box near the cablemodem nor will I run any new cable lines from it to the switches. Re-installing the D-Link software with Click'n'Connect made the NAS broken. It hanged to a red led at boot without getting a IP. I had to manually delete all the partitions and then use CnC to get the box back to the D-Link BusyBox software.

For me, this brought the box back to a normal state. Telnet and everything works. Also installed the new 1.04 firmware.

Board footer