DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-10-11 07:58:17

NASMan

Mediatomb Media files sync on PS3

Ok all, could do with some help with this one, been reading over the web and forums for the past few days but still not got Mediatomb to find my media files on my DNS 343 (Raid 5 with 4 * 1.5 TB disks)

Not having much Unix experiance I am struggling to understand how to edit the mediatomb.sh file as outlined below:

The included mediatomb server will search media files in /mnt/HD_a2/home/media. If you have you files in a different location, edit /ffp/start/mediatomb.sh and change the media_dir variable.

I have used ./ mediatomb.sh edit in the 'ffp/start folder using a putty telnet session, but only get 'Permission Denied' - any ideas why this will be

So to test Mediatomb I created a new folder called home/media in Volume_1 and then copied a number of avi files to the folder as I understand this is the folder in which Meditomp will look by default for files.

Mediatomp webserver is listed when I turn on my PS3 and has the folder 'PC Directory' listed and has 'etc' and 'ffp' folders listed but each has 'There are no titles' dispayed when selected.

I have also been able to open the Mediatomb web intgerface on port 49152.  This then presents two options 'Database' and 'Filesystem', under Database the tree shows 'Database' - 'PC Directory'.

The options within the web interface are very limited.

Can anyone help me with the following:

How to edit the Mediatomp.sh file to look in a filed called moview for all my movies (remembering that I do not know how to use Unix apart from to start, stop and change directories!!!

1) How to get Mediatomb to start to sync with my movies

2) How to edit Mediatomb to recognise all media types as I have read that this also need to be edited within Mediatomb.sh.

3)  would appreciate as much help as possible as I am strating to pull my hair out :-)

4) anythink else I should change in the comnfiguration to make this all work seamlessly?

Cheers

#2 2009-11-26 17:57:00

DanW

Re: Mediatomb Media files sync on PS3

I was in the same spot you were. All you have to do next is open the web interface on port 49152, click on Filesystem, expand mnt/HD_a2, select your media folder, and click the '+' in the top right corner. Everything showed up on the PS3 after I searched for media servers again. Hope this helps.

Board footer