DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-11-25 00:38:12

scaryman182

Network Problem

Hello,

I've got a problem with my DNS-313 with every firmware i test ( just one work , a Hungary version ) , i can install without problem my NAS server start , work between 2/10 min and after no network reponse. Same problem when i try a transfert PC => NAS . I try in USB and i don't have any problem. I don't want to stay with the Hungary version so , someone has a hint ?

Sorry for my poor english , i'm french

#2 2009-11-28 12:48:40

ArcanuS_ME

Re: Network Problem

First look for hardware revision of your device (A or B) and then try to use appropriate firmware for it. If it does not help, we can try to solve the problem by eliminating other devices in your network (assuming your computer is working perfectly):

1. Setup fixed IP address on your NAS, for example 192.168.1.100
2. Setup fixed IP address on your computer Ethernet NIC, for example 192.168.1.200 (gateway, DNS servers and other things leave empty) and turn off all firewalls in your computer
3. connect NAS and computer directly (and disconnect with all networks, for example, turn off your Wi-Fi NIC)
4. Ping the NAS (in MS Windows it's done by: Sart>Run>cmd[enter]>ping 192.168.1.100 -t [enter])
5. Continue pinging device for 15 minutes and if you get all positive responses stop the pinging (in MS Windows you get it by pressing Ctrl and C simultaneously)

If everything is good, try to copy some big files and play with it. If you get some errors post the problem here and we will try with something other. If you don't get any problems that means the problem can be with your network setup.

Please, try to post here any results, it can help other users to solve their problems.

#3 2009-12-23 21:02:19

scaryman182

Re: Network Problem

Thanks for your answer
But i call directly Dlink and the conclusion is a malfunction of the DNS313
I've got a new one without problem

Thanks anyway

Board footer