DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-03-22 11:46:46

kelad

Network problems

Hi All
I've had my 313 with funplug installed for about 6 months, mainly using mediatomb and NFS. All had been ok until recently. I noticed that when changing from USB back to network, sometime the network would not start up (i.e could not ping). After several attempts of removing the power cable and restarting, it would come good. That was then and now the network will not work sad. The usb mode still works.

Things to note:
1) on power up, the lan icon does blink for about 10 seconds and then turns OFF. The main power light is ON blue and the HDD is ON blue. The router led indicate it is seeing a connection and so is my laptop when i connect using x-over cable.

2) the power off / on button does nothing (like it has crashed). This button works ok when in usb mode.

3) i've tried every reset procedure i could find, but cannot get it reset to defaults.

4) tried connection via my router and also direct connection with x-over lan and straight lan.

Has anyone got any advice ? Is there anyway to debug this further ? Please !

Last edited by kelad (2010-03-22 11:47:44)

#2 2010-05-14 13:12:17

kelad

Re: Network problems

Dear All, I write to you in total frustation. I sent my DNS-313 for repair. D-LINK sent me a new one 4 weeks later. The unit is a later hardware and firmware rev H/W:B1; F/W:2.00.
My HDD is a WD10EADS 1TB.

I run 'ClicknConnect' and all starts off ok. However during the format process, when it is about 75% completed, the unit powers OFF !!! :-O

My mate has a Seagate HDD and that does not have a problem with my DNS, so i am assuming there is an issue with my WD.

Has anyone seen such an issue before where the DNS just powers off ?

Thanks for any advice.
Kelad

#3 2010-06-08 12:33:22

kelad

Re: Network problems

Got to the bottom of my issue above. After many many emails and tests Dlink tell me "it appears that there was a hardware change in Rev B which may be causing your incompatibility issue.".

So to cut a long story short, if you get a DNS-313 of type rev H/W:B1; F/W:2.00, do not get a WD green drive. I tried this HDD in 3 different DNS-313 and all powered off during the format process. I went and got a Seagate and all is good. My friends and i brought 5 DNS-313 between us 6 months ago and only I used a WD green drive, they all went with Seagate. I should have too.

Board footer