DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-04-23 12:40:51

Darkman

Noob Inquiries from a lurker

Hey all-
Been climbing around here as a guest for quite some time and been giving my google-foo a workout trying to teach myself about what my lovely little 343 is capable of..

first off- I wanted to say "thanx" to Fonz and everyone else who has contributed to the knowledge base here- it has been a delightful (if at times harrowing) experience.

Running a mainly OSX environment probably didn't help this... but I believe the neighbors heard the evil cackle once the FFP started due to a command line permissions change!

... and every time i figure out something new by gleaning knowledge from the previous posts,  the resulting maniacal "dr. evil" style "moooaaahahahah"   REALLY creeps out my cat. (no he's not hairless)

with that mental picture in play, lets see if we can let loose a few more!

Some of the issues presently presenting on this machine-

1. login seems to hang when testing SSH login:
/ # login

TheDevice login: (username)
Password:
No mail.
BusyBox v1.00-pre1 (2009.05.04-09:03+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(just a blinking curser here)

2. AFP mounts a drive called "FTP_Server" with 4 folders in it (Volume_1, Volume_2, etc.) yet when I open those folders, they just disappear!

3. NFS wont allow me to create directories/Folders

4. Optware wont seem to run.
directories and permissions are all in place, but it returns
/ # ipkg update
/ffp/bin/sh: ipkg: not found

Any one else tripped over these issues?
did i miss something..?
Id like to hook up a hub and get more drives running, but i'm afraid to go much further, just in case i need to start from scratch.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DM

DNS-343 1.04b03
4x 1.0T Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 RAID5 + 3TB external USB storage for occasional rsync backup.
Transmission-2.22-1 Automatic-0.6.4-1 netatalk-2.1.3-1 rsync-3.0.7-1 nano curl fortune screen SSH SSL SMBget wget
...and the all-powerful foo.sh smile

#2 2011-11-27 22:18:07

mika123

Re: Noob Inquiries from a lurker

This thread may help with your optware issues: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic. … 617#p44617

Board footer