DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2011-07-06 11:41:45

bellofresco

Re: lsb sdk for ffp

Mijzelf, thank you very much...I have no time in this period to "play" with my nas...anyway I will let you know how it will proceed as I will be back on it.
For the moment I'm using the old nas to print...but I need the nas to work...

#27 2011-08-03 16:23:23

bellofresco

Hi Mijzelf,

I came back trying to install cups.
I downloaded and used your new version of ffp-stick and then tried to do the same you did to install cups 1.5.

When finished of installing cups I didn't find anything inside /ffp/etc/cups/ folder (I expected to find some files as described here:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Sam … nting.html)

Furthermore, I tried to stop the current cups service of Zyxel firmware using the killall cupsd command but the
prompt stopped. I.e. it appeared as it was working but after lot of time it didn't came back to the command prompt...

I don't know if something of important is changed in your new version or if the problem is another.
I also received some messages as "read-only file system" that caused error in installing some fonz apps. I had to turn off, disconnect and reconnect
my usb stick and reboot the Zyxel to make it work...

#28 2011-08-03 18:37:37

Mijzelf
Member / Developer

On my stick (after repeating the whole build-and-install process) there is something in /ffp/etc/cups:

Code:

/ffp/etc/cups # ls -l
-rw-r-----    1 root     nobody       4582 Aug  3 15:18 cupsd.conf
-rw-r-----    1 root     nobody       4582 Aug  3 15:20 cupsd.conf.N
-rw-r-----    1 root     nobody       4582 Aug  3 15:20 cupsd.conf.default
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     nobody       4096 Aug  3 15:18 interfaces
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     nobody       4096 Aug  3 15:18 ppd
-rw-r-----    1 root     nobody        278 Aug  3 15:18 snmp.conf
-rw-r-----    1 root     nobody        278 Aug  3 15:20 snmp.conf.N
drwx------    2 root     nobody       4096 Aug  3 15:18 ssl

killall works fine:

Code:

/ffp/etc/cups # killall cupsd
/ffp/etc/cups # killall cupsd
killall: cupsd: no process killed

Did you enable any of the options in after_booting.sh? How much confidence do you have in your USB stick?

I also received some messages as "read-only file system"

I've seen that happen on a filesystem once (not NAS or FFP-related) when the filesystem appeared to be inconsistent while operating. The kernel automatically remounted the filesystem read-only. When you see that again, try dmesg.

don't know if something of important is changed in your new version

No, not really. The most important difference is in the install script, but that's only used while installing FFP. On an already running FFP stick there are 2 differences:
-The FFP filesystem is mounted relatime.
- There is a script running (well, running, actually it's sleeping) in background, as a helper for the execute_autoside_chroot function.
(Unless you enabled some of the new functions in after_booting.sh)

Board footer