DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-09-06 05:26:13

ottsm

Using DNS325 with 1-wire bus?

Anyone trying using the DNS325 with a 1-wire bus.  I know some have used the Raspberry Pi and USB to 1-wire converter?  I've looked at getting a Embedded Data Systems OW-Server but I'd be spending over $100 for the unit and I still would probably use a WGET command in the DNS325 to get the data and store it on my hard drive.  I have an existing TED5000 energy monitor that I get 1 minute data from every night and store on the hard drive.

If I used a 1-wire bus I'd probably want to get the data every minute and store it on a flash drive then copy the data over to the hard drive at a 24 interval.  Anyone tried this?  I also have a old DNS323 and new DNS345.

Long term I want to track data for my AC unit inlet and outlet temperatures, my basement humidity, water meter usage, outdoor temperature, and each floor temperature.

I know another outfit that makes what is called the WEL (Web Energy Logger).  Only issue with this unit is you have to use the WEL external server.  You can also WGET the data also but then the unit is $395. 

Ideally I like the TED5000 solution, it tracks the data and stores it on it's own gateway that can be remotely logged into.  Wish they would develop the product further and include more then just the KW and Voltage data.    HW-Group looks like they make some good products but they don't seem to be available in the USA.  Seems like it would be a fairly simple product to develop.

Board footer