DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-01-18 02:41:43

fabphil

Firmware 1.06 - more wait mode problems?

I am running a single WD 640G (WD6400AAKS-00A7B), firmware 1.06 (from AU site) with the bittorrent client loaded using easy search 4.4.0.0.

With spin down disks (set to occur after 10 minutes currently, have tried other values) the disks do not seem to spin down, I've tried unplugging the network cable, no luck.

The only time I have found the disks spun down is if I am running the bittorrent client and I come back after a couple of hours. The problems being that it will not wake up again. The torrents had not completed so this shouldn't have happened. It does not respond to samba, http (the admin app) or easy search. It did once restart the hard disks, but I don't know what I did to prompt that to happen. Even though the disk restarted I still could not communicate with the device. I know the requests were reaching the device because the network light flashed on it. I observe that when the disk is spun down, the main light is off. On the one occasion that the disk restarted the main light came back on.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

DNS-323 fw 1.06 Funplug 0.5 single 640GB WD HDD (so far)
And loving it....

Board footer