DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-07-10 13:59:26

dlivian

Vista and DNS-323 Problem unresolved

First of all please excuse my English everybody, but I can not found any Spanish help at all.

Second I have a problem with my DNS-323 (Firmware 1.03), I use it in a network with 4 computers, all connected wireless to a router and the DNS-323 its connected to the router using a cable.

Three of those computers have WinXp, and the last one (the one with the problems) have Win Vista business.
With all WinXp the computers I can access the DNS-323, and the files on it, and they can access my public folder in the Vista one, on the other side, on the Vista I can access all the shared folders of the XP, and in the network map I can see my DNS-323, when I click on it I can see the Web_Page folder, and Volume_1 folder, and the USB printer, but if I click in any of them the computers stops working… and I have to close the explorer.

If in the internet explorer I type the IP of the DNS-323 it stays forever and never enters at all. But if I PING it it works perfectly.

I tried "secpol.msc"  "Local Policies" > "Security Options" "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level”. "Send LM & NTLM responses."

I also tried net use * \\192.168.xx.xx\Volume_1 /user:admin and I get a drive (zsmile but I cannot access it either.

I also tried TCP/IP in the "Advanced settings"->WINS in the TCP/IP properties of the Local Area Connection Properties, and enable NetBIOS

I have my firewall disconnected (oh my!) but still it doesn’t work.

I added my Vista user to the DNS-323 no help at all…

Any ideas? Beside format windows Vista and go back to XP…

Thank you all in advance!!!

#2 2007-07-10 14:23:18

mcmurphy

Re: Vista and DNS-323 Problem unresolved

Had the same probs...

Step 1. Click on the Start button and type 'secpol.msc' (without quotes) in the Search field. Press Enter.

Step 2. In the left pane go to Local Policies > Security Options. Then in the right pane locate 'Network security: LAN Manager authentication level' and double-click on it.

Step 3. Under the Local Security Setting tab select the 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' option. Click on OK.

You should now be able to connect to networked drives with shared folders.

Think you chose the wrong Local Security Setting.

#3 2007-07-10 14:32:45

dlivian

Nope, I tried that one too smile and the rest of them just in case...

#4 2007-07-10 15:10:06

mcmurphy

I think the Problem that you describe has something to do with the (NTLM) NT-Lan-Manager. In DNS Firmware 1.03 only Version 1 is supported and Vista needs Version 2 exclusively. Version 2 is supported in upcoming FW 1.04.

Try this workaround.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Set Value in 'LmCompatibilityLevel' from 3 to 1 and reboot.

(but this is similiar to the method of changing via secpol.msc)

#5 2007-07-11 23:16:33

N8301W

I have been fighting the same problem for a week now.  My XP systems have no problems mapping the DNS-323, but I could not map a device from a new Vista notebook.  I read the above post and went home at lunch to try it.  I made the registry edit and rebooted and can now map devices using the EasySearch utility and then access the data.  I will do a bunch more testing tonight, thanks mcmurphy for your suggestion, this might of solved my problem, hope it helped dlivian too.

Board footer