DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2007-12-11 06:18:28

ciac

Re: Light-weight web based music browser / streamer

Hi Mingoto:

I initially had problems loading some folders. Then I realized that while it has no problem displaying folders with asian characters (e.g. chinese or japanese), when i try to open them the browser will return to the root directory with a red line of error message at the top of the screen:

The path CD Collection Transcription/�� is not readable.

This only happens if the folder name contain asian characters: doesn't matter if the content filenames are in english or asian. If the folder name is in english, the enclosed mp3 shows up even if the file name maybe in asian characters. I haven't tested it against other possibilities, but this seems to be the pattern.

Additionally, the mp3 files in asian characters when clicked will generate a faulty playlist that plays something at random. While the usual playlist would be filename.mp3.m3u, if I click on a music file with asian characters, it'll give me a music.m3u and seems to have picked something from the library at random.

All the above problems are not limited to asian characters. Any unicode special characters including those of french/spanish will suffer the same problem.

Can this be corrected with a simple configuration somewhere? Thanks.

Ciac

Last edited by ciac (2007-12-11 06:32:51)

#27 2007-12-18 23:19:40

marca

Hi, i have a request for this great app.
Is it possible for you to developed the displaying options, i.e. order on date options (ie recently added music) ?

Regards,

Martin

#28 2007-12-18 23:44:10

mingoto

@ciac: I haven't got access to a utf-8 system, and I'm afraid it's difficult for me to debug this issue.  It would help to have access to your system.

@marca: I am putting it on my list of feature requests.  No promises, though :)

Last edited by mingoto (2007-12-18 23:45:33)

#29 2007-12-19 06:14:54

ciac

mingoto wrote:

@ciac: I haven't got access to a utf-8 system, and I'm afraid it's difficult for me to debug this issue.  It would help to have access to your system.

@marca: I am putting it on my list of feature requests.  No promises, though :)

you mean remote access to my dns-323? email me we'll discuss it.

#30 2007-12-21 19:33:54

mingoto

ciac wrote:

you mean remote access to my dns-323? email me we'll discuss it.

Seems like we got to the bottom of it, thanks for the access.  The quick fix is replacing $getPath around line 564 of streamlib.php with:

Code:

$getPath = preg_replace('/\x5c\x22/', '', $_GET['path']);

I'll release a new version with a more thorough fix, probably before 2008.

#31 2007-12-21 19:43:40

ciac

Code:

$getPath = preg_replace('/\x5c\x22/', '', $_GET['path']);

I'll release a new version with a more thorough fix, probably before 2008.

Hmm.. That code appeared on line 554. I guess that must be your work. smile

As I travel quite a bit, this streaming server is very handy. I can probably even use it to replace the daap itunes server at home. I have you to thank for this great unexpected feature for my DNS-323.

Happy Holidays.

Ciac

Last edited by ciac (2007-12-21 19:48:54)

#32 2007-12-31 22:46:51

mingoto

mingoto wrote:

logge wrote:

It would be a nice feature to be able to play the files directly in the browser, through for example flash player.

For my own device, I created a software that loops through my music collection, and creates static webpages for each directory. It is using this player:

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_MP3_Player

Seems like a good idea, it should be fairly easy to use a player like JW MP3 player as a drop in player in Music Browser.  I don't have a lot of spare time right now, though, feel free to implement and share smile

Edgar Heertje just shared with me his modification of Music Browser.  It uses the JW Flash MP3 player, for usage with his Wii.  Great stuff!  He writes:

What I needed was an app to use the NSLU2 as a server to play my music collection on the Wii attached to my stereo. Note that the Wii can only playback MP3's through a flash-enabled browser.

For this I  fused your app with the Flash MP3 player of http://www.jeroenwijering.com/. Instead of opening the RSS file on the client to allow streaming, I write the RSS file to the server and start the player at the client with the RSS-file as a playlist. I enlarged some fonts to make things more Wii-readable.

In the Open Source spirit I enclosed the updates to your app, maybe to integrate this idea  in future releases. I know that lots of Wii-ers like this idea. My programming is rusty being from the COBOL generation and now out of the coding business, so feel free to correct flaws.

I haven't looked at his code yet, so I cannot guarantee anything.  I have put his version here:
http://musicbrowser.sourceforge.net/exp … .7-wii.zip .   Use and try on your own risk.  And please share your experiences with it.

I will definately look into his code when I have some spare time.

Last edited by mingoto (2007-12-31 22:48:09)

#33 2008-01-02 19:14:06

redmodel

Hi,

This is a great website streamer, and I've installed it without any issues, but I am wondering if it's possible to create a playlist with mulitple songs to a m3u/pls file?

Right now, I click on one song, and it creates a m3u and plays in wmp just fine, but it would really great to queue tracks to a list and add it to a m3u when you are ready.

thanks again.

#34 2008-01-02 19:21:05

ciac

mingoto wrote:

I haven't looked at his code yet, so I cannot guarantee anything.  I have put his version here:
http://musicbrowser.sourceforge.net/exp … .7-wii.zip .   Use and try on your own risk.  And please share your experiences with it.

I will definately look into his code when I have some spare time.

I just did a simple drag and drop of the folder into my www directory and got a red error message. So I guess it doesn't work for me, at least not without some tweaking which I have no idea how to do. :S

Happy New Year.

#35 2008-01-02 19:40:11

mingoto

ciac wrote:

I just did a simple drag and drop of the folder into my www directory and got a red error message. So I guess it doesn't work for me, at least not without some tweaking which I have no idea how to do. :S

Happy New Year.

I haven't tried it myself, so cannot help you there yet.  Happy new year to you too smile

redmodel wrote:

This is a great website streamer, and I've installed it without any issues, but I am wondering if it's possible to create a playlist with mulitple songs to a m3u/pls file?

No, you can only play files or whole folders now.   You're not the first one who's requested this, though, I might look into it some day.

#36 2008-01-23 05:18:44

angraymond

will be nice if the flash (wii version) works correctly!

#37 2008-01-26 03:42:31

knowvb

Please please please please please please help.

Ive been trying for a few days to get everything set up on the nslu2 to use music browser but i havnt got to far.

I am no great linux person at all but i can seem to navigate around and use basic commands such as ls -l, cp, mv, cd, mkdir, pwd and vi.

I have previously been successful in creating a simple http server and website on the nslu2 following the instructions at this website http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SimpleHomeWebsite

Over the past few days i tried instaling php-apache through the ipkg install command on the nslu2 but didnt realy get anywhere.

To help me, im hoping people can help me with step by step instructions. I realy am pretty new to this and simple step by step instructions would be most welcome.

Thankyou for your time.

k

#38 2008-01-29 23:53:10

mingoto

knowvb: Try this guide, it should get you going with Lighttpd and PHP: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/D … ingFastCGI

#39 2008-02-02 18:14:14

knireis

I have the Twonky server running on my CH3SNAS and i am able to reach the server from the outside, but when i select a mp3 file, the computer starts downloading the file in stead of streaming it. Does this program help me with playing the song?

#40 2008-02-02 19:14:47

mingoto

knireis wrote:

I have the Twonky server running on my CH3SNAS and i am able to reach the server from the outside, but when i select a mp3 file, the computer starts downloading the file in stead of streaming it. Does this program help me with playing the song?

Music Browser lets you choose between streaming your songs in pls, m3u or asx (in addition to download).

#41 2008-02-03 16:37:50

mingoto

Version 0.8 adds an embedded flash player.  Download and more info at http://musicbrowser.sf.net/

#42 2008-02-05 17:37:14

logge
Website

Great! I'm installing it right now. Thanks a lot!

#43 2008-02-05 18:41:09

knireis

Would it be possible to make a step by step tutorial? For a simple enduser like me, the instructions are not clear enough.

#44 2008-02-05 20:41:02

mingoto

knireis wrote:

Would it be possible to make a step by step tutorial? For a simple enduser like me, the instructions are not clear enough.

You just need a web server with PHP support on your DNS-323.  If you have that, you install by unpacking musicbrowser.zip into a web accessible folder.  If your music isn't in that folder, you'll have to enter the correct path in the index.php file as well.

If you don't have a web server, you will need to install e.g. Lighttpd with PHP support.  I'm no DNS-323 expert, but it seems like the fun_plug package can achieve this:  http://dns323.kood.org/howto:fun_plug

Last edited by mingoto (2008-02-06 16:23:16)

#45 2008-02-09 13:53:37

pwvandeursen

Earl great player. use it a lot, when I'm not home. Thanks for your work.

Just a small question. do you expect in the future to also load the pictures of the albums in the main page, so you don't only see the list of albums, but also a the belonging album picture?

thanks so far for your nice program

Patrick

#46 2008-02-09 18:08:17

mingoto

pwvandeursen wrote:

Earl great player. use it a lot, when I'm not home. Thanks for your work.

Just a small question. do you expect in the future to also load the pictures of the albums in the main page, so you don't only see the list of albums, but also a the belonging album picture?

thanks so far for your nice program

Cover images for all folders are shown in the next release (v0.11) when the new config folderCovers is enabled.   

If you want to try it before the release, replace index.php, streamlib.php and template.inc with the files from CVS:  http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … icbrowser/

Last edited by mingoto (2008-02-09 18:08:48)

#47 2008-02-09 19:47:49

mingoto

Gavlester wrote:

I have a question about music browser.

I have been messing around with a few things and i am trying to get .avi's and .wpl's to work with it. Now the easy part was obviously getting 'music browser' to become 'media browser'(displaying the .avi's as well), however i am struggling getting the streaming side happening.

I realized that this is possible now somewhat (as of version 0.8).  You need to use 'path' = "" (and add "avi" to 'fileTypes')  in index.php.   Media files are served directly from apache/lighttpd when the files are available from the same folder as music browser.  (Files are streamed through streamlib.php when 'path' is non-empty, thus making movie streaming impossible.) 

This worked for me using VLC, it might not be possible to use all other media players.  VLC playback might not even be stable at all, but it could be worth a shot.

#48 2008-02-10 22:47:34

knireis

Got it to work as well and I like it a lot. One thing I noticed is that when selecting the flashplayer (which i have to because at work there are no musicplayers installed) I can only select 1 song to play, it would be nice if it were possible to select the whole album. Or maybe I just dont know how to achieve this.

#49 2008-02-10 22:50:19

mingoto

knireis wrote:

Got it to work as well and I like it a lot. One thing I noticed is that when selecting the flashplayer (which i have to because at work there are no musicplayers installed) I can only select 1 song to play, it would be nice if it were possible to select the whole album. Or maybe I just dont know how to achieve this.

Press the play button next to a folder (or in the header), this will enable you to play everything within a folder.

#50 2008-02-11 09:20:59

knireis

mingoto wrote:

Press the play button next to a folder (or in the header), this will enable you to play everything within a folder.

This way it adds all the songs in a folder to the player window, but it plays only the first song, for the second and so on I have to push play again.

Can I set somewhere that when i go to: http://xxx.dyndns.org:8080/musicbrowser it defaults to the flash selection and not the pls?

Last edited by knireis (2008-02-11 09:25:55)

Board footer