DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2008-02-11 11:02:54

mingoto

Re: Light-weight web based music browser / streamer

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

Press the play button next to a folder (or in the header), this will enable you to play everything within a folder.

This way it adds all the songs in a folder to the player window, but it plays only the first song, for the second and so on I have to push play again.

Ah, you are right!  It's fixed now, get the latest streamlib.php from http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … ision=1.31

Can I set somewhere that when i go to: http://xxx.dyndns.org:8080/musicbrowser it defaults to the flash selection and not the pls?

If you have already selected it once, it should be selected later automatically.  Otherwise, you could put the "enableFlash" line in index.php above the other enable* lines.  Or just disable the other enable* lines.

#52 2008-02-11 11:38:51

knireis

mingoto wrote:

Ah, you are right!  It's fixed now, get the latest streamlib.php from http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … ision=1.31

If you have already selected it once, it should be selected later automatically.  Otherwise, you could put the "enableFlash" line in index.php above the other enable* lines.  Or just disable the other enable* lines.

Perfect, no more wishes. Thanks a lot

#53 2008-02-11 11:54:22

pwvandeursen

Just installed the new version and the folder images work great!

Just one more question, If I start playing a mp3 and then continue to click through the list of folders, the playback stops...is that normal?

#54 2008-02-11 13:07:25

mingoto

pwvandeursen wrote:

Just installed the new version and the folder images work great!

Just one more question, If I start playing a mp3 and then continue to click through the list of folders, the playback stops...is that normal?

Yes, that is normal.  The player would need a separate window to keep playing.

#55 2008-02-11 21:01:16

Pejn

Thanks mingoto for a gr8 program! it worked without any problems smile

Just one question cant get the *.m3u files to show, hm what can be wrong? (using 0.11)

#56 2008-02-12 09:44:58

mingoto

Pejn wrote:

Thanks mingoto for a gr8 program! it worked without any problems smile

Just one question cant get the *.m3u files to show, hm what can be wrong? (using 0.11)

Could you specify a little more?  Are you unable to see the m3u option on the bottom of the page?   If you have specified it, what happens when you clik a play link?  If the .m3u is downloaded, is it empty?  Or are you unable to see it?

I know there's a bug when playing all files from the root, you will get a file called ".m3u" instead of "something.m3u".   I'll fix that soon.

#57 2008-02-12 10:00:06

knireis

Is it possible to set which items of the id3 tags are shown in the flashplayer? Now it looks for all songs the same because there is a more information to display then fits on the line. Something like album name and songtitle would be enough for me.

#58 2008-02-12 17:20:55

Pejn

mingoto wrote:

Could you specify a little more?  Are you unable to see the m3u option on the bottom of the page?   If you have specified it, what happens when you clik a play link?  If the .m3u is downloaded, is it empty?  Or are you unable to see it?

I know there's a bug when playing all files from the root, you will get a file called ".m3u" instead of "something.m3u".   I'll fix that soon.

ok i have tested some more, i can see the m3u option, but when i choose m3u it only shows the *.mp3 files no *.m3u file at all, if i press the mp3 file (not the disc) it want to open/download it as the filename "name.mp3.m3u" even when its not a m3u file, am i doing something wrong?

#59 2008-02-12 17:38:33

mingoto

Pejn wrote:

mingoto wrote:

ok i have tested some more, i can see the m3u option, but when i choose m3u it only shows the *.mp3 files no *.m3u file at all, if i press the mp3 file (not the disc) it want to open/download it as the filename "name.mp3.m3u" even when its not a m3u file, am i doing something wrong?

Ah, it is behaving like it should.  The "m3u" option streams your mp3's as an m3u playlist, just as the "pls" and "asx" options streams mp3's as pls and asx playlists respectively.  Thus, the "m3u" option isn't there to make your m3u's visible.

You might add "m3u" to the fileTypes config in index.php, this will make the m3u's visible.  Then you could use the download (picture  of disc) button.  This might work, but I haven't tested it myself.

#60 2008-02-15 03:49:01

kring

I just wanted to say thanks, this is an awesome add-on to the DNS-323, I just picked up my unit this week and have been loving everything it does. Great work!

#61 2008-02-16 04:46:34

saturn2001

Is there a setup guide to install this music browser on a dns-323. Any help would be appreciated.

#62 2008-02-16 12:46:13

mingoto

saturn2001 wrote:

Is there a setup guide to install this music browser on a dns-323. Any help would be appreciated.

See post #44.  There's a short install guide in README.txt as well.

#63 2008-02-21 10:48:15

knireis

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

Perfect, no more wishes. Thanks a lot

The playlist will play now automatically but when during playback i don't want to listen to a song (say nr 2) and i select the next one (song nr 3) from the list then it will stop after playing song 3 and not continue with song nr 4.
It would be nice if it continues automatically with song 4.

#64 2008-02-21 11:18:47

mingoto

knireis wrote:

The playlist will play now automatically but when during playback i don't want to listen to a song (say nr 2) and i select the next one (song nr 3) from the list then it will stop after playing song 3 and not continue with song nr 4.

I'm not able to reproduce this, the playlist continues to play even though I have selected a song manually.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried with a "fresh" install?  Version 0.13 is out now, by the way.

#65 2008-02-21 14:09:25

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

I'm not able to reproduce this, the playlist continues to play even though I have selected a song manually.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Did a fresh install with 0.13 but now the flash player does not work at all anymore. After selecting flash and the triangle in front of the folder name nothing happens? This also occurs with the shuffle option selected.

#66 2008-02-21 14:16:03

mingoto

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

Did a fresh install with 0.13 but now the flash player does not work at all anymore. After selecting flash and the triangle in front of the folder name nothing happens? This also occurs with the shuffle option selected.

1) Have you double checked that all options in index.php are sane?
2) Is there anything suspicious in the error log of your web server?
3) Do you see any error messages if you set debug = true in index.php?
4) Does a regular m3u playlist work?
5) Can you try enabling asx playlists in index.php and check if they work?

#67 2008-02-21 14:33:17

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

1:  just installed it according instructions and only changed the path to the music directory
2: no
3: no
4: no, i can download individual songs to the computer but when i open a selected playlist the musicprogram skips the songs and does not play them
5: i did enable it and this gives the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /mnt/HD_a2/www/pages/musicbrowser/streamlib.php on line 771

thanks for your help

one more remark, the title line of the flash player window shows: undefined; when i press the triangle in front of a folder this line blanks out. But this occurs only when the debug is set to true.

Last edited by knireis (2008-02-21 14:38:36)

#68 2008-02-21 14:39:53

mingoto

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

1:  just installed it according instructions and only changed the path to the music directory
4: no, i can download individual songs to the computer but when i open a selected playlist the musicprogram skips the songs and does not play them
5: i did enable it and this gives the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /mnt/HD_a2/www/pages/musicbrowser/streamlib.php on line 771

What version of PHP are you running?  utf8_encode should be a default function since PHP4.  Anyway, is there a package or library called something like php-xml or php-expat that you can install?

#69 2008-02-21 14:47:43

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

What version of PHP are you running?  utf8_encode should be a default function since PHP4.  Anyway, is there a package or library called something like php-xml or php-expat that you can install?

I installed fonz funplug 0.4 with the lighttpd and php5.2.4 addon, i don't know anything about libraries etc.
The previous version of musicbrowser (i think.10 or .11) worked ok exept the issue i mentioned this morning

#70 2008-02-21 15:01:41

mingoto

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

I installed fonz funplug 0.4 with the lighttpd and php5.2.4 addon, i don't know anything about libraries etc.
The previous version of musicbrowser (i think.10 or .11) worked ok exept the issue i mentioned this morning

OK, try inserting the following above "class MusicBrowser {" in streamlib.php (line 23):

Code:

if (!function_exists('utf8_encode')) { 
  function utf8_encode($text) {
    return $text;
  }
}

#71 2008-02-21 15:03:51

knireis

I removed the 0.13 version and copied my old one back. It works as before except for the issue from this morning. Thereafter i downloaded the latest version of the streamlib.php from: http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … ision=1.31 and now it works as advertised.
Probably there is something that does not work correctly with my setup and version 0.13.

#72 2008-02-21 15:37:12

ciac

hey mingoto:

just checked back and noticed that you have this extremely useful software much upgraded! smile I immediately installed the latest version on the DNS323. The cosmetics is so much better. My problem appear to be that the flash player doesn't work. I wouldn't know if it worked before as I haven't upgraded since the last time you tinkered with it. It was a "fresh" install with the entire "musicbrowser" replaced. Adding the following line doesn't seem to help either. Just a heads up.

The flash player does show "undefined" in the location and ways that a song title would appear (I tried your demo on the sf site). Otherwise there are no discernible error messages.

Thanks.

Ciac

Code:

if (!function_exists('utf8_encode')) { 
  function utf8_encode($text) {
    return $text;
  }
}

Last edited by ciac (2008-02-21 15:45:07)

#73 2008-02-21 15:37:20

mingoto

knireis wrote:

I removed the 0.13 version and copied my old one back. It works as before except for the issue from this morning. Thereafter i downloaded the latest version of the streamlib.php from: http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … ision=1.31 and now it works as advertised.
Probably there is something that does not work correctly with my setup and version 0.13.

You downloaded an old version. The latest version is http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … eamlib.php -- it is the same as the one in v0.13.

Could you try the function_exists hack above and tell me if it works?

#74 2008-02-21 15:39:50

mingoto

ciac wrote:

just checked back and noticed that you have this extremely useful software much upgraded! smile I immediately installed the latest version on the DNS323. The cosmetics is so much better. My problem appear to be that the flash player doesn't work. I wouldn't know if it worked before as I haven't upgraded since the last time you tinkered with it. It was a "fresh" install with the entire "musicbrowser" replaced. Adding the following line doesn't seem to help either. Just a heads up.

Embedded flash player would be cool, though.  Did I miss something?

Can you go through the five steps from post #66 and tell me if you get any useful information from that?

#75 2008-02-21 15:54:39

ciac

mingoto wrote:

Can you go through the five steps from post #66 and tell me if you get any useful information from that?

you mean same? the only thing i changed in index.php was the music file location, and I just copy and pasted from the old index.php file. I assume that since I saw the music files it worked fine?

besides that "undefined" line of text in the flash player music window, nothing that I can see.

I set it to true and didn't see any errors.

Now that you mentioned it, I tried both m3u and pls and neither worked. tongue

I turned it on and tried flash and it didn't work.. Actually I tried others and no response. Hmm..

Thanks.

Board footer