DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 2008-02-21 16:02:29

mingoto

Re: Light-weight web based music browser / streamer

ciac wrote:

1) Have you double checked that all options in index.php are sane?
you mean same? the only thing i changed in index.php was the music file location, and I just copy and pasted from the old index.php file. I assume that since I saw the music files it worked fine?

2) Is there anything suspicious in the error log of your web server?
besides that "undefined" line of text in the flash player music window, nothing that I can see.

3) Do you see any error messages if you set debug = true in index.php?
I set it to true and didn't see any errors.

4) Does a regular m3u playlist work?
Now that you mentioned it, I tried both m3u and pls and neither worked. tongue

5) Can you try enabling asx playlists in index.php and check if they work?
I turned it on and tried flash and it didn't work.. Actually I tried others and no response. Hmm..

Hmm indeed.   First, make sure debug = true, then:

6) Save a m3u playlist and open it in notepad.  Is it empty?  If not, try copying one of the URLs and paste in in your browser.  What happens?
7) Save an asx playlist and open it in notepad.  Is this empty?  If not, are the URLs inside different from that in the m3u playlist?  Can you try pasting one of the URLs into your browser?  What happens?

#77 2008-02-21 16:24:44

ciac

mingoto wrote:

6) Save a m3u playlist and open it in notepad.  Is it empty?  If not, try copying one of the URLs and paste in in your browser.  What happens?
7) Save an asx playlist and open it in notepad.  Is this empty?  If not, are the URLs inside different from that in the m3u playlist?  Can you try pasting one of the URLs into your browser?  What happens?

hmm
the m3u list works now. seems that by selecting between the m3u and flash the page refreshes itself, one with a flash player and the other one without. I am logging on from overseas so the connection is slow. The m3u seems to work as before, but the flash mode, other than spawning an embedded flash player, doesn't seem to respond when i click on play. the flash player shows a line that says "undefined" in the music list.

Sorry about the mistaken reporting earlier. I suspect it's got to do with the connection? I used IE for the test just to make sure.

Dan

#78 2008-02-21 16:57:43

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

I removed the 0.13 version and copied my old one back. It works as before except for the issue from this morning. Thereafter i downloaded the latest version of the streamlib.php from: http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … ision=1.31 and now it works as advertised.
Probably there is something that does not work correctly with my setup and version 0.13.

You downloaded an old version. The latest version is http://musicbrowser.cvs.sourceforge.net … eamlib.php -- it is the same as the one in v0.13.

Could you try the function_exists hack above and tell me if it works?

No, flashplayer does not work with this latest version of streamlib

#79 2008-02-21 17:07:26

knireis

mingoto wrote:

ciac wrote:

1) Have you double checked that all options in index.php are sane?
you mean same? the only thing i changed in index.php was the music file location, and I just copy and pasted from the old index.php file. I assume that since I saw the music files it worked fine?

2) Is there anything suspicious in the error log of your web server?
besides that "undefined" line of text in the flash player music window, nothing that I can see.

3) Do you see any error messages if you set debug = true in index.php?
I set it to true and didn't see any errors.

4) Does a regular m3u playlist work?
Now that you mentioned it, I tried both m3u and pls and neither worked. tongue

5) Can you try enabling asx playlists in index.php and check if they work?
I turned it on and tried flash and it didn't work.. Actually I tried others and no response. Hmm..

6: it is not empty, browsing to the url results in downloading the track
7: results again in: Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /mnt/HD_a2/www/pages/musicbrowser/streamlib.php on line 771

#80 2008-02-21 17:10:51

knireis

Sorry forgot to copy the code:
if (!function_exists('utf8_encode')) {
  function utf8_encode($text) {
    return $text;
  }
}

now flash works again!!

and i see that the track information in the window is cleaned up, excellent

Last edited by knireis (2008-02-21 17:19:09)

#81 2008-02-21 17:17:04

mingoto

knireis wrote:

Sorry forgot to copy the code.
now flash works again!!

Great, everything works as expected -- m3u, flash and everything?

@ciac: does it work for you as well?

#82 2008-02-21 17:24:57

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

now flash works again!!

m3u, pls, asx don't work
flash and shuffle do work

#83 2008-02-21 17:30:18

mingoto

knireis wrote:

m3u, pls, asx don't work

So: All the songs in a M3U playlist is skipped in your music player, but if you open the playlist and copy an URL into your browser it works?  Weird.  Do you have any kind of HTTP authentication on your site?

Last edited by mingoto (2008-02-21 17:30:36)

#84 2008-02-21 17:40:51

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

m3u, pls, asx don't work

So: All the songs in a M3U playlist is skipped in your music player, but if you open the playlist and copy an URL into your browser it works?  Weird.  Do you have any kind of HTTP authentication on your site?

yes i run this script: http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/password-protect.php to prevent others from downloading my music and me being sued for uploading music.

#85 2008-02-21 19:18:45

ciac

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

now flash works again!!

@ciac: does it work for you as well?

hey i added the lines in the code and it seems to work. i haven't tested extensively but i got an album to play, and i'm pretty happy! smile

also UTF-8 characters don't seem to show up correctly in the page title. I changed the character encoding in the index.php into utf-8 but only the song/albums are affected.

just wondering: is there any way for you to extend the buffer time for slow connections? It's especially useful for slow connections as I am suffering from now. The music just break into pieces if the network isn't consistently fast enough. Just wondering if you have a simple tweak in there somewhere to help my situation. Thanks!

So is that line of code the source of the problem? Or is it something else?

Ciac

Last edited by ciac (2008-02-21 19:27:56)

#86 2008-02-22 23:02:37

knireis

Still can't see the tracktitel if tracks are more than 2 directories deep. Is it possible to increase the width of the flashplayer display with 2 inches orso?
Thanks

#87 2008-02-22 23:14:27

mingoto

knireis wrote:

yes i run this script: http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/password-protect.php to prevent others from downloading my music and me being sued for uploading music.

You need to use plain HTTP authentication for that to work (see README.txt).

knireis wrote:

Still can't see the tracktitel if tracks are more than 2 directories deep. Is it possible to increase the width of the flashplayer display with 2 inches orso?

Try changing columnWidth parameter at the top of streamlib.php from 300 to 500.

#88 2008-02-22 23:25:03

mingoto

ciac wrote:

also UTF-8 characters don't seem to show up correctly in the page title. I changed the character encoding in the index.php into utf-8 but only the song/albums are affected.

By page title, do you mean
1) the web browser title?
2) the page header (on the left hand side of the flash player)?
3) something in the flash player?

UTF-8 characters is somewhat a pain to fix with funplug, since it lacks basic functions like utf8_encode()

ciac wrote:

just wondering: is there any way for you to extend the buffer time for slow connections? It's especially useful for slow connections as I am suffering from now. The music just break into pieces if the network isn't consistently fast enough. Just wondering if you have a simple tweak in there somewhere to help my situation. Thanks!

If you use iTunes or WinAmp, you can increase the buffering in those.  If you use the flashnplayer, add so.addVariable('bufferlength', '10'); around line 720 of streamlib.php.  10 is the number of seconds to buffer.

Last edited by mingoto (2008-02-22 23:26:28)

#89 2008-02-23 08:52:03

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

You need to use plain HTTP authentication for that to work (see README.txt).

knireis wrote:

Try changing columnWidth parameter at the top of streamlib.php from 300 to 500.

I only use the flash player, so that's no problem

Thanks for the width tip, it works great

#90 2008-02-23 16:37:13

5h4rk

Thanks for the appz! Just one question, is it possible to make it works with .MP3 too? (Capitals)

And is the player suppose to play .ogg as well?

Thanks

Last edited by 5h4rk (2008-02-23 16:38:29)

FFP 0.5 | FW 1.0.5

#91 2008-02-23 16:41:59

mingoto

5h4rk wrote:

Thanks for the appz! Just one question, is it possible to make it works with .MP3 too? (Capitals)

Music Browser should work with MP3 and ogg out of the box.  The enabled file types are in the 'fileTypes' config in index.php, case insensitive.

EDIT: "ogg" and "MP3" doesn't seem to work in the flash player.  I'm looking into it.

Last edited by mingoto (2008-02-23 17:29:40)

#92 2008-02-24 14:40:10

ciac

mingoto wrote:

By page title, do you mean
1) the web browser title?
2) the page header (on the left hand side of the flash player)?
3) something in the flash player?

UTF-8 characters is somewhat a pain to fix with funplug, since it lacks basic functions like utf8_encode()

ciac wrote:

If you use iTunes or WinAmp, you can increase the buffering in those.  If you use the flashnplayer, add so.addVariable('bufferlength', '10'); around line 720 of streamlib.php.  10 is the number of seconds to buffer.

hey mingoto:

the title is the "music browser" text displayed in the steel blue grey area of the title page in the index.php? I just changed it to some asian text and they don't appear correctly. It was a little surprising given all the folders path in asian characters display perfectly in the same area. Thought maybe it's a tiny fix somewhere. It's really not a big deal. tongue

The flash player is truly a wonderful addition. Thanks for the flash buffering tip. I'll try that right now. smile

Ciac

Last edited by ciac (2008-02-24 14:42:06)

#93 2008-02-24 22:10:59

ciac

mingoto wrote:

Hey I tried the code and it doesn't seem to change anything. The flash player still started playing as soon as the data streamed in. Just so you know. Thanks.

Ciac

#94 2008-02-24 22:39:18

mingoto

mingoto wrote:

5h4rk wrote:

Music Browser should work with MP3 and ogg out of the box.  The enabled file types are in the 'fileTypes' config in index.php, case insensitive.

EDIT: "ogg" and "MP3" doesn't seem to work in the flash player.  I'm looking into it.

The embedded flash player only supports what Adobe Flash Player supports: pcm, mp3 and aac (see http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … ;sliceId=2).  I still haven't figured out the upper case MP3 issue, though.

#95 2008-03-02 20:57:23

knireis

I'm thinking of buying a Squeezebox, but since installing the slimserver on the 323 seems difficult I thought of using the musicbrowser.

- How do i navigate through the music files? Can this be done with the remote control? Is there something like a musictree? Suppose i want to play artist Z, do i have to scroll through all the available artists to reach the Z? Or is there a quick way? (I have about 20.000 musictracks, all nicely organized in folders)

- How wife friendly is this? Now i use the philips sla5520 with twonky and she is able to handle that.

#96 2008-03-03 09:57:44

mingoto

knireis wrote:

- How do i navigate through the music files? Can this be done with the remote control? Is there something like a musictree? Suppose i want to play artist Z, do i have to scroll through all the available artists to reach the Z? Or is there a quick way? (I have about 20.000 musictracks, all nicely organized in folders)

The folders are displayed without a pager.  I have about 40.000 tracks myself, organized in roughly 3000 artist folders, and Music Browser handles it nicely (with a 5 column display).  It has a plain and simple web interface, I don't know how that would interact with your remote.

knireis wrote:

- How wife friendly is this? Now i use the philips sla5520 with twonky and she is able to handle that.

It's pretty straight forward.

Or maybe you are asking about the slim server/squeezebox?

Last edited by mingoto (2008-03-03 09:59:25)

#97 2008-03-03 10:28:38

knireis

mingoto wrote:

Yes, i would like to know how the musicbrowser works together with the squeezebox. How do i select the tracks, is it easy to navigate?
If it works nice then i don't have to try to install the slimserver software on the 323.

#98 2008-03-03 10:32:07

mingoto

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

Yes, i would like to know how the musicbrowser works together with the squeezebox. How do i select the tracks, is it easy to navigate?
If it works nice then i don't have to try to install the slimserver software on the 323.

The music browser interface is the same as always, but you still need to install slimserver on the 323.  What you don't have to do, though, is to use the slow slimserver GUI -- musicbrowser replaces that GUI. 

The squeezebox itself is great, by the way.  My GF likes it a lot, and it is easy to search, browse and play music via the remote.

#99 2008-03-03 10:39:15

knireis

mingoto wrote:

knireis wrote:

mingoto wrote:

The music browser interface is the same as always, but you still need to install slimserver on the 323.  What you don't have to do, though, is to use the slow slimserver GUI -- musicbrowser replaces that GUI. 

The squeezebox itself is great, by the way.  My GF likes it a lot, and it is easy to search, browse and play music via the remote.

Did you install slimserver on the 323? Can I find instructions somewhere?

#100 2008-03-03 10:40:59

mingoto

knireis wrote:

Did you install slimserver on the 323? Can I find instructions somewhere?

No, I have only installed it on the Linksys NSLU2.

Board footer