DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-12-19 17:22:15

n0m0r3

VPND for CH3SNAS / DNS-323

Hi all,

Im using a Conceptronic CH3SNAS, similair to the DNS-323, and I want to install/run a VPN deamon on it so I can connect/setup up an VPN tunnel to the device over the internet.

currently the device is behind a Linsys DSL router. this router does not allow me to setup tunnels to it. So I though why not install something on the CH3SNAS to do this for me.

This way I should be able to directly access all my files across a secured VPN tunnel over the internet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? or is this already possible?

thanx y'all.

n0m0r3

#2 2008-01-17 16:48:00

HaydnH

Re: VPND for CH3SNAS / DNS-323

#3 2008-01-17 18:22:51

Zen Seeker

Re: VPND for CH3SNAS / DNS-323

HaydnH has a good idea but since you have a Linksys Router this might be a good option for you...

DD-WRT is a firmware replacement for most open source link type router, of which Linksys is. Go to "DD-WRT.COM" and look up your router undter the downloads section. I've used three versions so far with only one bug in the latest release RC6.2.

These firmwares will give you more options, more tools, VPN support with forwarding, etc.

Just another option if you like to hack or tweak hardware.

n0m0r3 wrote:

Hi all,

Im using a Conceptronic CH3SNAS, similair to the DNS-323, and I want to install/run a VPN deamon on it so I can connect/setup up an VPN tunnel to the device over the internet.

currently the device is behind a Linsys DSL router. this router does not allow me to setup tunnels to it. So I though why not install something on the CH3SNAS to do this for me.

This way I should be able to directly access all my files across a secured VPN tunnel over the internet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? or is this already possible?

thanx y'all.

n0m0r3

Board footer