DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-01-22 00:38:28

fitac

Download managers and Easynews

Hi all,

I've just bought a DNS-323 and it does exactly what I intended it to do. Reading what some of you guys have done has (partially) opened my eyes to its potential, and I was wondering can it be used to download fron the Easynews http servers (rather than the nntp). I can't download using the current download manager, I presume because it can't do secure downloads. Would MLDonkey work? I'm currently holding off installing it because when it comes to Linux, then I'm a total noob.

Many thanks,

#2 2008-01-23 01:14:20

Alfaholic

Re: Download managers and Easynews

I think what you want is a newsreader, something like Agent or FreeAgent (Windows apps) perhaps as they support private news sites such as Easynews. Looking at this list of newsreaders here:

http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/clients.html

I wonder if any of these could be run on the DNS-323? Would be a nice addition to the growing list of apps generated here, but well beyond my skill level to execute. Anyone fancy a challenge?

#3 2008-01-23 01:46:59

orbitaudio

My friend and I have got nzbget working along with par2 and unrar on our chrooted DNS323.  Hopefully i'll get a native Debian install happening in the next few days.

#4 2008-01-23 11:38:07

Alfaholic

Outstanding! I'm looking forward to trying this one out myself!

#5 2008-02-05 13:51:52

orbitaudio

Well i've got a native debian install working 100% now. (Finally...) and nzbget is working great!  I'm very pleased with the whole setup.  Specially if you compile nzbget on your main x86 desktop because you can just run the local client on your desktop (nzbget -C) and it will connect to the nzbget daemon running on my DNS323 over the network.

I just installed gcc (apt-get install build-essential) and the required dependency libraries then i compiled nzbget.  It was quite painless actually.  Did it all in about 10mins.

I'm currently working on a web gui for nzbget which will also be handy.

#6 2008-06-22 12:09:25

kikkeraap

orbitaudio wrote:

Well i've got a native debian install working 100% now. (Finally...) and nzbget is working great!  I'm very pleased with the whole setup.  Specially if you compile nzbget on your main x86 desktop because you can just run the local client on your desktop (nzbget -C) and it will connect to the nzbget daemon running on my DNS323 over the network.

I just installed gcc (apt-get install build-essential) and the required dependency libraries then i compiled nzbget.  It was quite painless actually.  Did it all in about 10mins.

I'm currently working on a web gui for nzbget which will also be handy.

Is there an update, is there a version which runs with fun_plug?

Board footer