DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-01-28 05:47:32

esebag

mldonkey script not enabling

Hi,

I'm stuck at the basic step of trying to enable the mldonkey scripts via telnet on my dns-323.
I apparently have to give the files permission to execute by using:
    / # chmod a+x /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
    / # chmod a+x /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet

None of these commands work. i get: 'no such directory or file'... Is there something missing??

My goal is to use gain to telnet to mldonkey and then to connect to it via http.

Both the telnet and mldonkey files have been installed and the DNS-323 rebooted. I have only 1 hard-disk in the DNS-323.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 2008-01-28 18:28:01

toni

Re: mldonkey script not enabling

Hi,

First make sure, that you have chmod - execute it whereever and see, weather you have it (it should bring up some options). If no, than you should (re)install fonz funplug package.

Second, you should see, weather you really have these files in the given location (go to that directory and execute ls -l), in the listing, you should see the file premissions as well (rwx for owner, group, all), if you have a color terminal software, it should have a different color (I guess green) as normal, non-executable files. As you telnet as root into your unit, it is enough if you see one x in the listing (like rwxr--r--). If the files are realy missing (which is the most likely according to your description), than you should reinstall mldonkey. I would recommend using shadowandy's script for that, look after it in this board.

Finaly make sure you execute the mlnet.sh as ./mlnet.sh, since the directory it is in is not in the environment settings. Even better to put it into /mnt/Hd_a2/funplug.d/start - doing so will automatically start mldonkey whenever you start your unit...

Tóni

#3 2008-01-29 04:03:04

esebag

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I managed to determine that my problem was figuring out how to navigate within the file structure via telnet.

So i was able to give the files permission to execute (at least i hope i did cuz i didn't get any error response)

/ # chmod a+x /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
    / # chmod a+x /mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet

-->Now I get a file not found when trying to run mlnet.sh in telnet:
/ # /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
-->This file is present after verifying with 'ls -l' command (it has r,x,w permissions as well)

What gives?

#4 2008-01-29 04:29:26

esebag

Addendum:
I just moved the mlnet.sh script to the start folder of fun_plug.d

I did a 'ls -la' command and the file shows up in green.

Still stuck...

#5 2008-01-29 11:19:20

toni

Hi,
Go to the dir where mlnet.sh is located. Give an ls -l command, you must see mlnet.sh, showing up in green colors. Execute ./mlnet.sh command as writen here, with dot and slash. It must start, or at least give a different error than file is missing.
Moving things to funplug.d/start will have an effect only if you restart your system, until that it is effectless (it is like an autoexec.bat, runs all the executable scripts in that folder at start.
Check the content of your script - cat mlnet.sh or less mlnet.sh. It should contain a normal script with headers, etc. It could be the case, that the mlnet executable is missing or is located in the bad directory (like you downloaded the scripts for the /mnt/Hd_b2 drive and try to install it to the primary (Hd_a2) drive) or you did not installed it (even though that case there should be a reference to the scripts line number, where the error is occur).
You can execute the command ps as well to see, wheater mlnet is already running (it can have more instances, it is normal)...

Tóni

#6 2008-01-29 15:11:18

esebag

Quick other question: i'm suspecting that the entire installation was done incorrectly:

Is it normal for me to navigate mnt/HD_a2/mnt/HD_a2/  via telnet to access my fun_plug files?
In other words, i used windows explorer to create my folders 'mnt' and 'HD_a2' on my hard disk. I suspect that i should have installed the fun_plug package files using telnet at the root. What commands are used to decompress zip files in linux via telnet??

I will try to uninstall everything and start from scratch cuz doing ./mlnet.sh still gave me No such file or directory...

#7 2008-01-29 16:09:47

blbrown
Website

esebag wrote:

Quick other question: i'm suspecting that the entire installation was done incorrectly:

Is it normal for me to navigate mnt/HD_a2/mnt/HD_a2/  via telnet to access my fun_plug files?
In other words, i used windows explorer to create my folders 'mnt' and 'HD_a2' on my hard disk. I suspect that i should have installed the fun_plug package files using telnet at the root. What commands are used to decompress zip files in linux via telnet??

I will try to uninstall everything and start from scratch cuz doing ./mlnet.sh still gave me No such file or directory...

Yep, you have put fun_plug in the wrong place.  When you unpack the funplug-xxx.tar.gz file, the contents should go in the "root" directory of what's visible in Windows Explorer.  I've written out these instructions here (http://backupnetclone.sourceforge.net/i … ion01.html) if it helps clarify.

#8 2008-01-30 05:20:16

esebag

Ok, i have resolved the installation of both the fun_plug and mldonkey. Thanks a bunch.

Board footer