DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-09 20:36:47

jnp1001

Please Help, cant get anything to work

I am fairly new to this, just got my DSN-323 and I have tried everything in the forum and nothing seems to work, and no one is giving good solid direction to do anything for a regular person to understand.

I trying to connect my PS3 to my network using the stock UPnP but only about 100 of the 12000 song show up the rest say unsupported data, I have never got a video or photos to show. I tried to use Twonky but that is not working, I cant connect using putty, im just getting a blank screen using port 23, selecting telnet and putting my ip address in, oh yea and i downloaded and i guess installed funplug, now I cant delete anything using windows or ftp, getting permissions errors. I formatted my drives about 3 times to delete stuff and I know thats not good.

I really need some help, can someone help or point me in the right direction to get some help that would be great. I have been on this all morning and I need to take a break, I will be back tonight to try again, hopefully with some help for you all. THANKS

#2 2008-02-09 23:06:47

jules

Re: Please Help, cant get anything to work

jnp1001 wrote:

I am fairly new to this, just got my DSN-323 and I have tried everything in the forum and nothing seems to work, and no one is giving good solid direction to do anything for a regular person to understand.

I trying to connect my PS3 to my network using the stock UPnP but only about 100 of the 12000 song show up the rest say unsupported data, I have never got a video or photos to show. I tried to use Twonky but that is not working, I cant connect using putty, im just getting a blank screen using port 23, selecting telnet and putting my ip address in, oh yea and i downloaded and i guess installed funplug, now I cant delete anything using windows or ftp, getting permissions errors. I formatted my drives about 3 times to delete stuff and I know thats not good.

I really need some help, can someone help or point me in the right direction to get some help that would be great. I have been on this all morning and I need to take a break, I will be back tonight to try again, hopefully with some help for you all. THANKS

Hi, the main problem here seems to be that in all your attempts you never succeded in installing the fonz fun plug on your box.
What i suggest is to adopt a step-by-step approach:
1- install the funplug and verify that is working correctly (e.g. you can login using putty)
Use this version of the funplug http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.4-test/ , simply extract the tar.gz to \\youboxip\Volume_1 using winrar and restart.
Connect with putty using telnet, no username/password will be required.
2- install twonky as shown here http://dns323.kood.org/howto:twonkyupnpserver and log into the box to verify that is running, if not launch it with the provided script.

CH3SNAS - Black Box Ed. • FW:1.03b6a • 2 x WD5000AAKS

Board footer