DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-02-17 02:54:37

nub123

cannot access dns after firmware downgrade

long story short I decided to go back to .3 from .4 as I was having ftp access issues. regardless of that problem now I cannot even access the dns... after the firmware downgrade I allowed the system to do a full reset (and after I did a manual reset - pushed the pin-button in @ the back) - now my network sees the dns but when I click its icon the following happens:

I get access to the entire directory that exists on volume_1 (I can browse thru all files/directorys etc)
If I backtrack to the root (volume_1) the network no longer finds the dns directory
... after this I can no longer access the files on the drive (resetting the drive allows me to re-access the files again as initially stated)

I cant even access the dns options via the web page, I can upon resetting the dns but after entering the 'admin' access info, IE cannot display the rest as it cant access the dns.

All I want to do is reset the bloody thing so I can a) get access to my files again and b) get it up and running as it used to work.

any suggestions?

ps. when I try using the easy-search tool by dlink it finds the dns but if I try to connect to it or configure it the tool informs me that the drive doesnt exist.

#2 2008-02-17 02:57:56

Zeke_D

Re: cannot access dns after firmware downgrade

I had the same issue, stramgely enough after reebooting my XPPro machione everything was fine.

#3 2008-02-17 03:49:01

leftkidney

first off stop using IE!

second press the reset button on the back for 5 sec or so untill it resets and everything should be fine

#4 2008-02-17 05:01:16

nub123

having no luck whatsoever with this, I tried the following:

resetting the dns (pin button @ the back) held down for 5 secs etc.
resetting my PC (running vista... yeah I know)

same thing happens, I get a brief window where I can access the files by clicking on the network icon, clicking the dns icon, but after a few seconds the PC wont recognize the network path to the dns, then when I go and 'refresh' the original computers/devices connected via a network window and re-click the dns icon I get a blank folder.

like I said earlier @ this point I'd just like to reset the system, start from scratch etc. but I cant even do that lol!

any thoughts? (should I install firefox? would it enable me to better access the dns-webbased setup stuff?)

#5 2008-02-17 05:11:02

nub123

... ugh, ok fixed it... resetting the dsl-router did the trick...

Board footer