DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#151 2008-05-28 03:35:15

atotic

Re: [announce] optware/dns323 to build 1000+ ipk's

I am porting some new packages on my way to running squeezecenter on dns323. Now I am trying to test packages I build, but can't get past the md5 checksum error.

/mnt/HD_a2/ipkg # ipkg -test install ./flac_1.2.1-1_arm.ipk
Package flac md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.

Of course there is a mismatch, I built the packages myself. I am a packaging newbie, and have been looking for an ipkg flag to ignore the error with no luck.  No trouble installing stuff from optware repo. How should I test my shiny new packages?

Aleks

/mnt/HD_a2/ipkg # ipkg -test install ./flac_1.2.1-1_arm.ipk   
Installing flac (1.2.1-1) to root...
Nothing to be done
Successfully terminated.
Collected errors:
Package flac md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.

#152 2008-05-28 04:07:42

bzhou

If you did not make any change to flac build, use the one from the feed.
If you make any change, you want to bump the FLAC_IPK_VERSION, edit make/flac.mk, or do something like

Code:

make flac-ipk FLAC_IPK_VERSION=2

#153 2008-05-28 23:23:05

atotic

Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to flac. Had to change the setup a bit as my aclocal & automake were newer.

To sidestep the IPK_VERSION issues, I started hosting a repository myself, and that works well. I was able to install and run perl, my first couple of packages, sox & YAML::Syck, installed and ran enough to display help. Off to Encode::Detect &  JSON::XS, and then it is time to try the squeezecenter.

bzhou, looks like you were the driver on this port, nice job! I've never played with distros and packaging before, and it was totally doable. A little slow & frustrating sometimes, but doable.

#154 2008-05-29 12:09:39

sjmac

I've been building a few packages, and I noticed that you don't have to use a web server to "host" the repository, you can just copy the files and an index file to a local folder, and use a file:// URL in the ipkg.conf file in addition to the "public" optware feed.

I've done this setup:

On my dev box, create a folder to use as a mount_point: optware/dns323/optware_builds
Create a folder on my dns to mount: /mnt/HD_a2/ipkg/optware_builds
Mount the optware_builds from my dev machine /etc/fstab file at boot time.
Add file:///mnt/HD_a2/ipkg/optware_builds

Then to build and "publish" from the optware/dns323 folder
Build the packages, eg make perl-ipk
Copy new packages from builds to optware_builds: 'cp builds/*.ipk optware_builds'
run 'rm optware_builds/Pa*; make index PACKAGE_DIR=optware_builds'

Then on the DNS-323 'ipkg update', and 'ipkg install perl.ipk'

Actually, having read all of that, maybe I would have been better off just running a web server on my dev box that shared the optware/dns323/builds folder ;-)

#155 2008-05-30 23:07:46

atotic

I've given up on squeezeserver 7.0.1 on dns323. I came pretty close, the server was up and running, but would not accept any connections. The select loop just was not picking up any connections. Debugging this would be tricky, and server was taking up 84% of the memory. I decided to buy ReadyNAS instead. Similar toy, and slimserver dists are available.

If anyone is interested in continuing, I have make scripts for:
perl-encode-detect.mk
perl-yaml-syck.mk
perl-json-xs.mk
squeezeserver.mk
sox.mk

Aleks

Board footer