DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-03-13 16:29:23

rsava

DSMG600 and DSM520 issue

Hello all, having an issue and hoping I can find some help here.

I have a DSM520 Media Player and a DSMG600 unit and unfortunately I did not see anything about size of drive before installing a 320GB internal unit on the G600.

It plays movies fine WHEN i can get in to the folders (except for the annoying "Disconnected from Server" issue) but about 60% of the time when I try to access a folder the 520 will search for a while then give me the message "Unable to access folder". I go back out try and go in to the folder again, get the same message, repeat until it opens the folder. This happens on the internal drive or the external drive. After it opens the folder it plays movies great (except for the aforementioned disconnecting).
Sometimes it goes right in to the folders sometimes not. There is no pattern to it. I have no issue when I use TVersity, DLink Media Server, Twonky, etc from my Windows machine on the same network.

Anybody have this kind of setup and experienced this issue? Any ideas on fixing it? I guess I could find a smaller drive and see if the issue continues, I have several smaller drives laying around but I really wanted to use the bigger drive internally.

Thanks for any insight,

Richard Sava

#2 2008-03-13 18:06:52

qn1234

Re: DSMG600 and DSM520 issue

I'm experiencing the same problem when I'm using WiFi, even when my laptop is in the same room as the DSM-G600.    Are you using WiFi as well?

I recently bought an Asus WL-500Gp and installed dd-wrt 2.4 SP2 on it, and I haven't seen any disconnection or lag while watching movies over a WiFi connection. 

I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue on the DSM-G600.

#3 2008-03-13 23:12:40

rsava

Re: DSMG600 and DSM520 issue

qn1234 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem when I'm using WiFi, even when my laptop is in the same room as the DSM-G600.    Are you using WiFi as well?

I'm using a wired connection. I noticed today that if I have the drive shared and the folder open on my WinXP box and open an item in the same folder I am trying to open on the G600 then the files pop right up on the 520. Strange......

Board footer