DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-03-20 00:04:44

zansibal

1.04 Firmware upgrade might have bricked nas!??? (doesn't stop blinkin

Hi

My nas is experiencing difficulties breathing since my firmware upgrade. Directly after the upgrade the web-interface asks to restart the device, and this is where it starts. The machine starts to blink, as it always does when it boots, but it just never stops blinking. It never seems to finish starting up. Both the power led and the hdd led (I have but one drive) blinks. Even the network led blinks when the network is active, now and then. Nothing is different if I pick out the drive and try without it.

I have tried the hard reset button a number of times in a number of different ways. Since there is no descripton of how to use it a just tried pressing it in every state possible.

I have had it working almost flawless with 1.02 and 1.03 in three months time, and the hdd is fine as well. The upgrade 'wizard' reported success... I getting tired of not getting anywhere. Someone must have experienced som similar, or??

/Zansibal

#2 2008-03-24 18:44:38

zansibal

Re: 1.04 Firmware upgrade might have bricked nas!??? (doesn't stop blinkin

No way to get it working. Now even the fan has stopped. It's beyond repair. Got myself a replacement.

#3 2008-03-25 00:03:59

jayas

Re: 1.04 Firmware upgrade might have bricked nas!??? (doesn't stop blinkin

Hi Zansibal,

Have you tried powering up the DNS-323 without any hard drives?

To force a reset, you have to hold the reset button down at the back down and then power up.  You have to hold this button down until you see flashing lights behind the button.  Try it and see how it goes.

Jaya

H/W=B1 F/W=1.04; RAID1: SAMSUNG HD501LJ T166 (500GB, SATA 3.0Gb/s 16MB)

Board footer