DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-03-28 05:00:53

terry_opie

Scheduled Downloads and .htaccess

I was wondering if anyone has the scheduled downloads working with files protected behind .htaccess?

I have a database which I cannot have publicly visible, and is updated periodically.  To save me the trouble of having to manually download the data every few days, I'd like to schedule the scheduler to just automatically download it daily for me.  That way if I forget (or can't get time) for a week or more, and something "bad" happens, I'm not completely lost...

The problems I was having was that the user/pw I have setup for the .htaccess wasn't working when I use the account setting.  Anonymous wouldn't work for obvious reasons.  I also tried going in via ftp, but that wasn't working because there is a username limit of 15 characters, and for me to login, its <user>@domain, which is well over that 15 character mark.

I have no problems downloading publicly visible files like index.php on the site.  Its just the files behind .htaccess.

So if anyone has any suggestions, or just know it won't work, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2008-03-31 13:46:39

terry_opie

Re: Scheduled Downloads and .htaccess

Anyone tried this?

#3 2008-03-31 14:33:36

Tilly

terry_opie wrote:

Anyone tried this?

I use the download scheduler for webserver backups to the DNS-323. There are a lot of folders with .htaccess files for security with differents names and passwords for the logins.

It works with no problems all files get backed up.

For your backups you should use your main user account for your webspace.

#4 2008-06-03 23:03:15

terry_opie

Ok... I've been tinkering with this on and off for quite a while now, but I'm still unable to get any files that are behind a .htaccess protection.

Is there some sort of trick to it?  I can get files that aren't protected just fine, and it does great.  BUT once I try to get files that are in a directory using .htaccess, and I try to test the connection, it doesn't work.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...  Any suggestions/pointers?

Board footer