DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-06-10 12:34:10

gareth

Time for me to leave the fold, it been fun and thanks!

Dear All, time has come for me to move on from my DNS-323's. I've enjoyed having them, using them and tweaking them with plenty of help from all of you on here. I'd especially like to say thanks for fonz for the fantastic fun_plug and also fordem for all of his informative replies.

I've decided to upgrade my DNS's to one of the new QNAP TS-409U rack boxes as it compliments my existing rack set-up nicely, it supports network SNMP UPS shutdown commands, and it supports AFP & NFS out of the box (although whether it works properly with Time Machine is still debatable!).

I'll be staying on here for a little while yet whilst I migrate across to the new setup over the next couple of weeks after the unit (hopefully) arrives this coming weekend.

Thanks again all!

Cheers,
Gareth.

#2 2008-06-10 13:08:19

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Re: Time for me to leave the fold, it been fun and thanks!

gareth wrote:

I'd especially like to say thanks for fonz for the fantastic fun_plug

You're welcome.

According to NAS central, TS409u is also powered by a Marvell Orion SoC: http://qnap.nas-central.org/index.php/Category:TS-409U
So it should be able to run ffp, too. Does it really have 512MB RAM?

#3 2008-06-10 17:35:18

fordem

Re: Time for me to leave the fold, it been fun and thanks!

gareth wrote:

I'd especially like to say thanks for fonz for the fantastic fun_plug and also fordem for all of his informative replies.

You're welcome - outwardly, that Qnap looks a lot like an earlier project of mine - a rack mount, 1U, 4-bay SATA storage array, except that mine was going to be DAS and hooked up to my Windows server.  The project got shelved after the wife became ill, and I sort of lost interest - but now that you've shown the light, I might just get me a TS-409 wink

By the way - there seems to be a Qnap forum [url= http://forum.qnap.com]here.[/url]

Board footer