DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-07-03 21:47:29

panda71

CH3SNAS uPnP-Probelm - no manual refresh available?

Hi together,

its my first post here, so be kind with me. I used the search function, but found no solution for my problem.

I recently purchases a CH3SNAS with firmware 1.3 installed. Due to the fact that transferring files to it with the Windows Explorer I transferred about 450GB files with through FTP.

Now that I want to access the files via a uPnP-browser, I found out, that none of them are visible. Looking for a solution in this forum, I found out, that the manual refresh button in the web interface has been eliminated with firmware 1.3, because the system would index the files automatically execept FTP transferred files. No solution or hint has been posted for a manual indexing for the uPnP server.

Now I have upgraded to firmware 1.4 hoping this solves my problem, but no, the problem is still there.

Is there any way to start the indexing process manually? Maybe via telnet?

Any answer is welcome. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Panda71

#2 2008-07-03 22:04:49

EnricoM

Re: CH3SNAS uPnP-Probelm - no manual refresh available?

CH3SNAS FW 1.03 Changes:
UPnP server: Refresh newly added files automatically,  so we removed the “Refresh” button and Auto Refresh Timer from the GUI. (enable / disable will re-index the total database) The database will not be updated when using FTP. This change will make the UPnP server run more stable.

So I think that disable and enable again UPnP server from the NAS webpages should do the trick.

Last edited by EnricoM (2008-07-03 22:05:46)

Hardware: Conceptronic CH3SNAS, FW1.03 - 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 MB, no RAID  - Imation Whizz 4GB USB Flash Drive
Software:  Fun_plug 0.5 beta, SSH, Samba recycle bin, Firefly, hellanzb, nzbget, cleanboot, chrooted etch, optware, midnight commander, rsnapshot

#3 2008-07-03 22:31:41

panda71

EnricoM wrote:

So I think that disable and enable again UPnP server from the NAS webpages should do the trick.

Thanks. I already tried this with 1.03, but will try again with 1.04

Panda

#4 2008-07-04 08:28:34

panda71

panda71 wrote:

EnricoM wrote:

Panda

Didn't work out. Still no files available in my uPnP-browser windows.

Is there any telnet command that i can input? Our is there any other mistake I am making?

Panda71

#5 2008-07-05 13:53:32

zeroday
Website

panda71 wrote:

panda71 wrote:

EnricoM wrote:

Panda

Didn't work out. Still no files available in my uPnP-browser windows.

Is there any telnet command that i can input? Our is there any other mistake I am making?

Panda71

I believe that 'prescan' as command is used.
/usr/sbin there you can find stome stuff

Be noticed for following: you NEED to reset to factory defaults and reboot when upgrading. The engineers made 1 or 2 mistakes causing the automatic update not work correctly due to a failure in the script. This has been fixed but you need to reset to factory defaults otherwise some scripts will not be activated and not solve that issue.

Board footer