DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#226 2008-12-30 15:23:50

Iznakurnog

Re: [REL] Transmission 1.3

Hi guys here and KyleK !
I'm really appreciate your great work !  Have upgraded from 1.40 - > 1.42  Working fine up to now except one thing .... web interface disconnects from server every now and then (wih "disconnected" pop up message) and I have to do manual refresh ...  Opera 9 .. I could think they introduce some timeout for GUI but times between disconnects are very different so I'd rather think they introduce new bug sad
There are no any corresponding messages in transmission log. Does anyone have same behaviour ? any ideas ?
Another point  - CPU load is now in 50-90 % with only 15 torrents (three downloading other seeding) Frankly say I didn't look at this parameter before ...
Does transmission become  more heavy-weighted with new version ? what do you think ?
Thanks in advance smile

#227 2008-12-31 14:13:47

NASewise

@ all:
there is a nice remote control app for transmission
http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/
you should have a look at it, won't use clutch ever again smile

edit: I'm not the maker, i just stumpled upon it.
And if someone has questions ask here or in the transmission forum...
or contact the maker smile

Last edited by NASewise (2009-01-14 22:51:03)

#228 2008-12-31 18:33:31

heema

NASewise wrote:

@ all:

tried it and its great

thanks for the find

#229 2008-12-31 19:23:13

dansu

NASewise wrote:

@ all:

very nice thing, thanks!
looks like utorrent
BTW, when I try to add new torrent to Transmission via this gui - the Transmission daemon on NAS is stoped. I need to start it again by 'transmission.sh start' command.
May be it's because I set another download directory when I add new torrent?
May be anybody knows, is it possible to do it? I'd like to place my torrents into different directories, but now I have to place all my torrents into one common directory.
There is such possibility in utorrent BT-client

Last edited by dansu (2008-12-31 19:24:06)

#230 2008-12-31 19:59:29

dansu

dansu wrote:

BTW, when I try to add new torrent to Transmission via this gui - the Transmission daemon on NAS is stoped. I need to start it again by 'transmission.sh start' command.
May be it's because I set another download directory when I add new torrent?
May be anybody knows, is it possible to do it? I'd like to place my torrents into different directories, but now I have to place all my torrents into one common directory.
There is such possibility in utorrent BT-client

I have just found the reason of my problem!
The thing is I did't pay my attention to warning about Transmission will crash if the folder does not exist.
So, I created the folder and start new torrent into it successfully.
I'm very glad now:)

Last edited by dansu (2008-12-31 19:59:54)

#231 2009-01-01 20:18:12

Iznakurnog

NASewise wrote:

@ all:

Thanks NASewise ! Brilliant GUI. Think that's what we  all have been looking for so long ! Very new and still beta but hope become stable soon smile

#232 2009-01-03 20:50:21

bearxor

I'm having a slight problem with Transmission.  When it's running, my network is slow.  Like really, REALLY slow.  Transmission could only be transferring very little, but my internet and local network slow to a crawl.  On a 700/768 plan I only pull 800/100.  Transmission could only be transferring 1Kb/s and it does it.

If I pause the torrents, network speed is instantly back up.  Restarting the service does nothing, but restarting the NAS makes everything work again, but not for more than a couple of hours before it starts acting up again.

Anyone have the same thing happen to them?

Actually, restarting the NAS this time didn't work at all

Last edited by bearxor (2009-01-03 20:59:42)

#233 2009-01-04 20:46:10

darkness

Hi all,

I gave up trying to troubleshoot myself, so hoping that someone can help me out. I'm a complete UNIX/LINUX noob and have been trying to install transmission. I managed to get the program to run. However, I got the following error message whenever the torrent starts downloading:

Code:

Transmission 1.42 (7500) started
RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1
RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 192.168.1.*
RPC Server: Serving RPC and Web requests on port 9091
RPC Server: Whitelist enabled
Loaded 2 torrents
Port Forwarding: Opened port 51413 to listen for incoming peer connections
xxxxxx: Got 80 peers from tracker
/ffp/bin/transmission-daemon: bandwidth.c: 428: tr_bandwidthUsed: Assertion `tr_isBandwidth( b )' failed.

When I downgrade to version 1.40, instead of crashing and killing the process, the torrent will stop downloading and gives a "No such file or directory exist" error instead.

I kind of surmise that the problem lies with the download directory, which I configured as /mnt/HD_a2/incoming. The owner has already been set to "nobody" and the permissions are 777. However, I still can get any torrents to download.

Can someone offer me some help pls? Thanks!

#234 2009-01-05 15:23:05

KyleK

darkness wrote:

Hi all,

I gave up trying to troubleshoot myself, so hoping that someone can help me out. I'm a complete UNIX/LINUX noob and have been trying to install transmission. I managed to get the program to run. However, I got the following error message whenever the torrent starts downloading:

Code:

Loaded 2 torrents
/ffp/bin/transmission-daemon: bandwidth.c: 428: tr_bandwidthUsed: Assertion `tr_isBandwidth( b )' failed.

When I downgrade to version 1.40, instead of crashing and killing the process, the torrent will stop downloading and gives a "No such file or directory exist" error instead.

I kind of surmise that the problem lies with the download directory, which I configured as /mnt/HD_a2/incoming. The owner has already been set to "nobody" and the permissions are 777. However, I still can get any torrents to download.

That assertion error you get is a problem within Transmission, it needs to be fixed by the developer. (Although it is likely that it is already fixed in the development builds).

Please report such bugs to www.transmissionbt.com instead of here. I'm not an active developer on the project and won't be able to repair these issues.

Thanks.

#235 2009-01-05 15:29:42

KyleK

Sickboi wrote:

Hi, I am a complete newbie to linux. I have manged to install transmission 1.4.2. Everything works fine except for two things.

After "transmission-daemon -f -t -u <user> -v <passwd> -a 127.0.0.*" transmission starts fine, without errors, but after pressing CTRL+"C" the settings.json file is not updated, so when I start again transmission with "sh transmission.sh start" the setting file loads with the default values...

2. I am not able to delete finished torrent from the transmission download directory in my windows XP after removing them from clutch.  Via telnet I can delete everything. 

Can you please help?

Transmission needs to know where its config folder is placed at. This path is hard-coded in /ffp/start/transmission.sh (/mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon), but you can change that of course (e.g. if funplug runs on a USB drive).

When you start Transmission the first time to configure it (with options like -t -u <user> -v <passwd> etc.), you have to manually specify the folder where settings.json will be saved (This is the parameter -g <config folder>).
Otherwise Transmission will save its settings to /home/root/.transmission-daemon (which sits on the NAS' flash and is wiped when you reboot the device).

#236 2009-01-06 05:43:41

roloc

NASewise's new gui looks great, but I'm still a hopeless noob and was wondering if anyone might provide instructions on how to install, or point me in the direction of another resource with details... Thanks much.

#237 2009-01-06 15:39:33

bearxor

I updated to 1.42 to see if it would fix my problem, but no luck.  I did get Clutch working though, which is good, but anytime torrents are transferring, my LAN and WAN still slows to a crawl, even if the speed of the torrents isn't high.

#238 2009-01-06 15:53:52

KRH
Website

bearxor wrote:

I updated to 1.42 to see if it would fix my problem, but no luck.  I did get Clutch working though, which is good, but anytime torrents are transferring, my LAN and WAN still slows to a crawl, even if the speed of the torrents isn't high.

bad router to many open ports kills a router.

First user to fun_plug the dns-323.

#239 2009-01-06 17:17:40

darkness

KyleK wrote:

darkness wrote:

Hi all,

Code:

Loaded 2 torrents

That assertion error you get is a problem within Transmission, it needs to be fixed by the developer. (Although it is likely that it is already fixed in the development builds).

Please report such bugs to www.transmissionbt.com instead of here. I'm not an active developer on the project and won't be able to repair these issues.

Thanks.

Kylek, thanks for your response. If I were to download the development build, which binaries do I download? I do not have the knowledge nor the tools to compile the source code myself.

#240 2009-01-07 07:37:07

alefsin

Hi,

Transmission is driving me crazy! I've tried all I could but it simply refuses to work. When I start it, it just waits for me to open the web interface and then just kills itself. Here is what I get when I run with -f switch:

Code:

root@kadoo:/mnt/HD_a2# transmission-daemon -f
Transmission 1.42 (7495) started
RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 192.168.0.*
%s succeeded (%d): initnatpmp succeeded (0)
%s succeeded (%d): sendpublicaddressrequest succeeded (2)
Found Internet Gateway Device "%s": Found Internet Gateway Device "http://192.168.0.1:4444/wipconn"
Local Address is "%s": Local Address is "192.168.0.55"
L%@L%@warding (UPnP): Port forwarding through "http://192.168.0.1:4444/wipconn", service "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1".  (local address: 192.168.0.55:51413)
Port forwarding successful!: Port forwarding successful!
Forwarded: Forwarded
Opened port %d to listen for incoming peer connections: Opened port 51413 to listen for incoming peer connections

Now when I open its webpage, I get the page but transmission kills itself. The only output I get is this:

Code:

Killed

How can I find out what's going on?

-AelfSin

#241 2009-01-07 17:23:55

adepaolis

I recently picked up the DNS-323 and was looking to install a better bitorrent client like transmission.  Can someone please help me out by posting some step by steps instruction sto installing and running transmission 1.42?  I am assuming I need to install funplug first.  Thanks and much appreciated.  Also, how does transmission handle private tracker websites?

#242 2009-01-08 05:48:05

lividhatter

Iznakurnog wrote:

Hi guys here and KyleK !
I'm really appreciate your great work !  Have upgraded from 1.40 - > 1.42  Working fine up to now except one thing .... web interface disconnects from server every now and then (wih "disconnected" pop up message) and I have to do manual refresh ...  Opera 9 .. I could think they introduce some timeout for GUI but times between disconnects are very different so I'd rather think they introduce new bug sad
There are no any corresponding messages in transmission log. Does anyone have same behaviour ? any ideas ?
Another point  - CPU load is now in 50-90 % with only 15 torrents (three downloading other seeding) Frankly say I didn't look at this parameter before ...
Does transmission become  more heavy-weighted with new version ? what do you think ?
Thanks in advance smile

I am having the same problem. Everything was working fine before and now I occassionally get the pop-up that says you have been disconnected from clutch.

#243 2009-01-08 07:59:21

bearxor

KRH wrote:

bearxor wrote:

bad router to many open ports kills a router.

It's a nice thought because I did recently upgrade from a wrt54g to a wrt610n, in fact, right before I got the DNS-321. But even going back to the wrt54g flashed with tomato causes the problem, when it did noton a dedicated box running utorrent.

#244 2009-01-09 07:50:00

metronet

question for Kylek...

is transmission 1.42 compiled with a hard coded upload ratio 1.99 or is there a way (command line?) to overwrite that?

thanks.

#245 2009-01-12 15:30:36

Pejn

Transmission 1.50 Beta 1 out today, adds IPv6 support, and several bug fixes

#246 2009-01-12 23:43:16

waddams

adepaolis wrote:

I recently picked up the DNS-323 and was looking to install a better bitorrent client like transmission.  Can someone please help me out by posting some step by steps instruction sto installing and running transmission 1.42?  I am assuming I need to install funplug first.  Thanks and much appreciated.  Also, how does transmission handle private tracker websites?

I am very new to this, but I just followed these instructions... http://www.horto.ca/?p=10
It was very helpful in setting up the DNS323 with funplug and transmission. Read the comments at the end too.

DNS-323 | F/W 1.05 | 1x WD 1 TB | Funplug 0.5 | Transmission 1.42 | Automatic 0.3

#247 2009-01-13 22:41:08

Cirip

Hi all!

I have to problems  with transmission (one of this is eith the new GUI)
So please help me:

I write this in the settings.json:

Code:

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": 0,

But I still  give this message:

Code:

"401: Unauthorized

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details."

My second problem is only a question.

Hoe can I run this GUI from web?
Or is it possible to write an IP and manage without any install, (like the default transmission interface)

Soffy for lame questions, but I'm very newbie. (As seems...)

#248 2009-01-14 01:33:40

cliaz
Website

check out http://www.horto.ca/?p=21 it should help with your first problem

do you mean externally? as in, accessing it from outside your network?
Check the first post of this thread, it mentions something along those lines - adding allowed IPs. What you'd then need to do is forward whatever port is being used (default 9091) to your NAS, and then you can access it externally.

(stolen from first post by Kylek)

Remote access for Clutch

Communication between the daemon and any client (command-line or Clutch) is done via HTTP. By default, only processes running in the same environment (in this case the NAS) can "talk" to the server. But, you may want to configure it so that you can access it remotely.

Setup is somewhat complicated though.

1. You need to tell Transmission which IPs are allowed to access it. This is done in the form of a whitelist.
The whitelist is a comma-separated list of IP addresses.  Wildcards can be specified in an address by using '*'.  The default is "127.0.0.1" (local access only)
Example: "127.0.0.*,192.168.1.*"

2. You can also provide credentials in the form of login and password to make access more secure. Clutch will then ask you for both at every login before it shows you the interface.

To setup both aa whitelist and login credentials, the daemon has to be started at least once from the command-line.

1. Type "transmission-daemon -h" It will show you all available options, including those for whitelist (-a), login and password (-t, -u and -v)
2. Type "transmission-daemon -f -g <configdir> -t -u <username> -v <password> -a 127.0.0.*"

You should see some text about Transmission starting. If there are no error messages, you can quit Transmission by pressing Ctrl-C.

Note 1: As you might have noticed, there's the -b parameter for activating the blocklist feature. Check the manual ("man transmission-daemon") for further instructions.
Note 2: The --port option refers to the port transmission-remote and Clutch communicate with the server on. It also defines the port to access Clutch on. The default ist 9091. It is NOT the port for BitTorrent data (this is either set with transmission-remote or in the Clutch preferences).

Transmission saves all these settings in the /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission-daemon/settings.json file, so you won't have to do this everytime.

You can now start Transmission normally with the startup script in /ffp/start.

Type http://<your NAS IP>:9091/transmission/web to access Clutch.

so, if you forward port 9091 on your router to your NAS, add whatever external IP you are trying to check your torrents from to the whitelist, you could then connect to your home IP address on port 9091 and access Transmission (via the clutch webGUI).

eg,
my NAS - 192.168.1.4
my home IP (fake) - 12.16.183.172
IP I want to check my torrents from - 19.45.23.50

Firstly, I forward port 9091 to 192.168.1.4
Then, add 19.45.23.50 to the whitelist
Then try to connect to it from outside my network, by going to http://12.16.183.172:9091

#249 2009-01-14 08:46:24

Pjanssen

I'm sure that using individual IP addresses on the whitelist is quite safe, but I don't find it all that practical. For one, I might not necessarily know the IP address of a place I'm going to where I'd like to use clutch before I go there.
I guess one could allow all IP addresses by adding a * entry in the whitelist? But that makes me wonder, how safe is it to only have the username + password protection?

#250 2009-01-14 09:13:14

Cirip

cliaz wrote:

check out http://www.horto.ca/?p=21 it should help with your first problem

do you mean externally? as in, accessing it from outside your network?
Check the first post of this thread, it mentions something along those lines - adding allowed IPs. What you'd then need to do is forward whatever port is being used (default 9091) to your NAS, and then you can access it externally...

Dear Cliaz!

Thanks for your help!

My first problem solved, succesfully.

I mean my second question this:
How can I use that new GUI instead of the basic transmisison gui?
I find a windows exe and a source code and a linux file without extension in the download section.
So Can I use the linux version?

Sorry If my questions aren't precizious.

Thanx again!

Board footer