DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-08-28 18:02:25

th3rookie

Failed Connection SMB/FTP Mac OSX

Hi,

Since a week, its impossible for me to connect my Mac OSX 10.5 system to the DNS-323.  Before that, it was working perfectly.

Here's my config;

DNS-323 FW:1.05, Fixed IP
Router: Linksys WRT54GS, last FW. DHCP off
Mac OSX 10.5 Fixed IP
Windows XP Home/Pro SP3 Fixed IPs

When I enter smb://ipaddress, then, the OS ask me for username and password.  When entered, it ask me on which folder I want to connect (as usual), when I click on the shared folder it says that it cannot continue because the folder cannot be found.  If I try with Finder/Shared, I log onto the DNS-323, then I have either error 43 (no explanation) or error 35 (element is missing) when I click on the shared folder.  Or sometimes, it shows the files/folder of my mac osx session which is not on the dns-323.  When I connect via ftp, I can log  and see the folder, but I cannot transfer files even if the user has permission to read/write.

If I reboot the computer, doesn't solve the problem.  But if I reboot the DNS-323, it solves the problem for a short period of time.  I tried reflashing the firmware... doesn't solve the problem either.

Windows XP systems works perfectly everytimes on ftp or if I map a network drive.

Last edited by th3rookie (2008-08-28 18:04:45)

#2 2008-08-28 18:16:52

blizzard182

Re: Failed Connection SMB/FTP Mac OSX

Try to remember anything that you might have changed in your configuration. Software that you installed too. What do you remember?

Now, do you have telnet access to your DNS323?

If you do, try to enter the folders and check the owner and permissions of the folders which the command 'ls -l'

----

Another quick thing to do. Create another user with the same access and try to access with that one.

Board footer