DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 2008-11-19 19:19:25

Rival
Website

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boilerjt wrote:

I hope this helps :)

I'm using this directory structure too. This .js is what I'm looking for, it finished importing in 20 minutes (I've added the whole music directory). Fast as hell. Thank you! ... again ...

[off]

I wish I could send you a carton of beer for your help. :)
But virtually here you are:

(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)
(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)
(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)
(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)

[/off]

Last edited by Rival (2008-11-19 19:20:32)

#77 2008-11-20 02:31:32

boilerjt

Rival wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

I hope this helps smile

I'm using this directory structure too. This .js is what I'm looking for, it finished importing in 20 minutes (I've added the whole music directory). Fast as hell. Thank you! ... again ...

[off]

I wish I could send you a carton of beer for your help. smile
But virtually here you are:

(wink(wink(wink(wink(wink(wink

[/off]

20 minutes??? Wow, that's faster than I have ever done.  Do you like the menu structure with the first letter of the artist?  You can get to the end of the alphabet with a few button presses smile

Glad it works for you.

#78 2008-11-20 22:20:21

Rival
Website

boilerjt wrote:

20 minutes??? Wow, that's faster than I have ever done.  Do you like the menu structure with the first letter of the artist?  You can get to the end of the alphabet with a few button presses smile
Glad it works for you.

It's more optimal to me than mediatomb's default menu structure, and it's faster of course. I never wanted to search for a tune by genre or year, and I removed playlists as well. I just wanted artist, album and title... no more... because my folders follow this structure too...

#79 2008-11-21 03:51:14

boilerjt

Rival wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

Glad it works for you.

It's more optimal to me than mediatomb's default menu structure, and it's faster of course. I never wanted to search for a tune by genre or year, and I removed playlists as well. I just wanted artist, album and title... no more... because my folders follow this structure too...

It looks like you think like I do...simplistic and quick smile  I've also modified the pictures and video menu items to mirror the directory structure and it works a lot better than the All Photos and All Video. I do have some news.  It looks like Jin is trying to wrap things up quickly and get 0.12 released soon.  At that time, I'll recompile and make available the released version.  One thing I'll have different that is not supported by MediaTomb is the ability to import wma audio files using TagLib.  Do you think I should include my custom js scripts as default since they seem to import much better than the default scripts?

Thanks,
John

#80 2008-11-21 09:27:06

rap

Rival wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

Glad it works for you.

Thinking of giving this a try after giving up previously because it took soooooo long.

I never user playlists either so was wondering how do you stop these being imported?

Cheers

RAP

#81 2008-11-21 15:21:22

boilerjt

rap wrote:

Rival wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

Glad it works for you.

Thinking of giving this a try after giving up previously because it took soooooo long.

I never user playlists either so was wondering how do you stop these being imported?

Cheers

RAP

Playlists are imported using playlists.js.  Right now, it appears only m3u and pls playlists are imported.  You would have to edit the addplaylistitem function to ignore playlists and not import them.

#82 2008-11-23 12:44:13

rap

Have had a go with this and I think I'm nearly there using boilerjt's script.

The problem I still have is that the import does not seem to have read the tags in my WMA files so has lumped them all in "unknown".

I'm using the static build and from the 1st page that has taglib (which I think is what is needed) built in so any ideas why my tags aren't being read?

(I'm pretty sure that the files themselves are OK as using Tag&Rename they show up fine)

RAP

#83 2008-11-23 15:25:59

boilerjt

rap wrote:

The problem I still have is that the import does not seem to have read the tags in my WMA files so has lumped them all in "unknown".

I'm using the static build and from the 1st page that has taglib (which I think is what is needed) built in so any ideas why my tags aren't being read?

(I'm pretty sure that the files themselves are OK as using Tag&Rename they show up fine)

RAP

I don't have the WMA tag support yet.  I'm waiting to see if the mediatomb developer adds an option to use taglib for wma import.  If he doesn't add this option when 0.12 is released (hopefully in a couple of weeks), I will hack the released code so that wmas can be imported.

#84 2008-11-23 16:19:17

boilerjt

boilerjt wrote:

rap wrote:

RAP

I don't have the WMA tag support yet.  I'm waiting to see if the mediatomb developer adds an option to use taglib for wma import.  If he doesn't add this option when 0.12 is released (hopefully in a couple of weeks), I will hack the released code so that wmas can be imported.

Update:  I just talked with the mediatomb developer and we have a solution for wma import.  The fix will be in the next static version I compile which will probably be the 0.12 release.  If the release is delayed, I'll compile another SVN build in the interim.

#85 2008-11-23 22:04:18

rap

boilerjt wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

rap wrote:

RAP

Update:  I just talked with the mediatomb developer and we have a solution for wma import.  The fix will be in the next static version I compile which will probably be the 0.12 release.  If the release is delayed, I'll compile another SVN build in the interim.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

RAP

#86 2008-11-27 00:53:55

Muppet

mozkill wrote:

FW version 1.06 is supposed to support PS/3  with Mediatomb.    Does anyone have their Mediatomb working with a PS/3 already, and if so, how is it configured to stream to a PS/3 ?

See attached config. Key changes were that I had to add extra lines so that it could play mpg and vob videos:

Code:

<!-- Uncomment the line below for PS3 divx support -->
        <map from="avi" to="video/divx"/>
        <map from="vob" to="video/mpeg"/>
        <map from="mpg" to="video/mpeg"/>

Attachments:
Attachment Icon config.xml, Size: 5,625 bytes, Downloads: 616

#87 2008-12-02 16:00:22

bigster

Hi all,

I´ve read all the upgrades to the mediatomb software, and i´ve a question, can you put the support to subtitles into this software??
I know the subtitles issue is not part of the MediaTomb standard, not even a UPnP standard, but it really be lot of fun make it work.
I´ve tried others UPnP server with the NAS 323 but with problems.

cheers

#88 2008-12-02 18:33:21

boilerjt

bigster wrote:

Hi all,

I´ve read all the upgrades to the mediatomb software, and i´ve a question, can you put the support to subtitles into this software??
I know the subtitles issue is not part of the MediaTomb standard, not even a UPnP standard, but it really be lot of fun make it work.
I´ve tried others UPnP server with the NAS 323 but with problems.

cheers

This is from the MediaTomb Forum:

Serving subtitles is not part of the UPnP spec, most players that support it implemented this "on their own" (basically they do a blind http request, replacing the file extension with .srt and hoping that the server will provide the subtitles). 

We added support for these blind requests, but it is up to the player to use it. If your player does not support this - too bad, the only thing you could do is use vlc transcoding in combination with the soverlay option, this would transcode the video stream and blend the subtitles into the stream. 

So far the players that to my knowledge support these blind subtitle requests are the DSM320, DSM520 and the A100 Popcorn Hour.

There are also players that support divx subtitles (subs that are inside the .avi), I think the DSM510 can handle those and also the PS3.

But as I mentioned above, unfortunately this is not part of the UPnP spec and each player may or may not offer this feature and the implementations may differ.

Kind regards,
Jin

#89 2008-12-03 17:47:04

bigster

Hi,

I´ve allready read this statement, but i can´t understand the part of "blind http request". I´ve the SC 250 HD and they support subtitles, i´ve seen the subtitles in a .avi file with the same feature, have the .srt file with the same name, and it works, but only in the USB flash drive.

So the 1ºst question is why the MediaTomb don´t provide the .srt file (as stated "We added support for these blind requests, but it is up to the player to use it."). Maybe i´m understanding this wrong.

And if i´m understanding this wrong and this will won´t work, the alternative stated "vlc uncoding" how can i implement in the MediaTomb and NAS 323??

cheers

Bigster

#90 2008-12-03 18:02:31

boilerjt

bigster wrote:

Hi,

I´ve allready read this statement, but i can´t understand the part of "blind http request". I´ve the SC 250 HD and they support subtitles, i´ve seen the subtitles in a .avi file with the same feature, have the .srt file with the same name, and it works, but only in the USB flash drive.

So the 1ºst question is why the MediaTomb don´t provide the .srt file (as stated "We added support for these blind requests, but it is up to the player to use it."). Maybe i´m understanding this wrong.

And if i´m understanding this wrong and this will won´t work, the alternative stated "vlc uncoding" how can i implement in the MediaTomb and NAS 323??

cheers

Bigster

I don't use subtitles, so you may have to ask Jin (mediatomb developer) in the mediatomb forum.  As far as using VLC, I have compiled and made available vlc, but I do not know if the soverlay feature will work or even how it works.  I actually doubt it will work with the DNS-323 because it probably has to transcode the video to add the subtitle and the NAS doesn't have enough CPU to transcode video.

#91 2009-01-04 11:02:26

rap

boilerjt wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

rap wrote:

RAP

Hi boilerjt - happy new year !!

Any progress/development on the mediatomb front and importing WMAs?

RAP

#92 2009-01-04 17:03:42

boilerjt

rap wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

Hi boilerjt - happy new year !!

Any progress/development on the mediatomb front and importing WMAs?

RAP

Happy New Year to you too smile  I spoke with the developer yesterday on the progress of 0.12 and he has not gotten 0.12 released because of his real job demanding all of his time.  I'll try to build a new static version from SVN next weekend with the wma hack.

#93 2009-01-24 04:56:11

boilerjt

Since MediaTomb 0.12 has yet to be released, I have compiled a new static build from SVN.  The download link is in post #1 of this thread.  Changes in this release are a lot of under the hood changes and I have added wma support by using a patched version of taglib. 

For the wma support to work, the following must be added to config.xml in the <mimetype-contenttype> section:
<treat mimetype="audio/x-ms-wma" as="mp3"/>

I have also included my custom javascript import script.  If you wish to try it, do the following to config.xml:
<virtual-layout type="js">   
<import-script>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/js/import2.js</import-script>

Another suggestion is to change <storage> to <storage caching="no"> This improves the import speed a little and it uses less memory.

Enjoy smile

#94 2009-01-24 18:03:35

rap

Hi - seems to work great thanks boilerjt - installed and rebuilt the database. Now totest out via the PS3

RAP

#95 2009-01-24 18:57:18

boilerjt

rap wrote:

Hi - seems to work great thanks boilerjt - installed and rebuilt the database. Now totest out via the PS3

RAP

I'm sorry for the delay, but work has been really busy lately.  Jin (developer) has been extremely busy as well and it seems he now wants to include a few more features in 0.12 before releasing it.  Hopefully, this static build will be good enough until the release.

#96 2009-01-24 19:19:31

rap

boilerjt wrote:

rap wrote:

RAP

I'm sorry for the delay, but work has been really busy lately.  Jin (developer) has been extremely busy as well and it seems he now wants to include a few more features in 0.12 before releasing it.  Hopefully, this static build will be good enough until the release.

No problem I appreciate the effort.

One quick question - what would I have to change in your import2.js file to stop the import of photos (particularly jpgs)? I don't have any genuine photos in the directory I import but it picks up all of the album art from my music collection and builds a library out of them which I don't really want.

RAP

#97 2009-01-24 19:32:56

boilerjt

rap wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

rap wrote:

RAP

No problem I appreciate the effort.

One quick question - what would I have to change in your import2.js file to stop the import of photos (particularly jpgs)? I don't have any genuine photos in the directory I import but it picks up all of the album art from my music collection and builds a library out of them which I don't really want.

RAP

The easiest way is to comment out the code in function AddImage.  Here is the function which does nothing:

Code:

function addImage(obj)
{
    /*var chain = new Array('Photos', 'All Photos');
    addCdsObject(obj, createContainerChain(chain), UPNP_CLASS_CONTAINER);

var date = obj.meta[M_DATE];
    if (date)
    {
        chain = new Array('Photos', 'Date', date);
        addCdsObject(obj, createContainerChain(chain), UPNP_CLASS_CONTAINER);
    }*/

/* The variable i is determined by your directory structure.  For example, my
    directory structure is /mnt/hgfs/Photos/...  I wish to start the menu after the 4th
    slash in the directory structure, so I set i=4. */

/*
    var chain, size;
    var location = obj.location.split('/');
    size=location.length;
    chain = new Array();
    chain.push('Photos'); 
    var i = 4;
    for (i = 4; i < size - 1; i++)
    {
       chain.push(location[i]);  
    }
    addCdsObject(obj, createContainerChain(chain));
    */
}

Do you like the music menu layout that is in import2.js?  Also, it imports much faster than using the default import.

#98 2009-01-24 20:09:21

rap

Thanks

I do like the layout - I think I was already using it from earlier in the thread. Like you say, much quicker so rather than use the poor front end to add new stuff I usually just delete the database and restart mediatomb to let it rebuild.

Cheers

RAP

#99 2009-02-09 14:01:46

dns323-ps3

Hi all,

I would like to report about 2 issues I have encountered - probably someone could comment on that:

1) On SVN1903 I am trying to use libexif and it does not work. Obviously I have added in config.xml (import section) something like:

<library-options>
<libexif>
<auxdata>
<add-data tag="EXIF_TAG_MODEL"/>
<add-data tag="EXIF_TAG_DATE_TIME_ORIGINAL"/>
</auxdata>
</libexif>
</library-options>

However when I try to import a picture (from 3 different cameras in fact) obj.aux is still an empty object (instead of associative array with EXIF data)

2) On SVN2017 (installed from scratch) my web interface does not work - I get in logs something like unable to find "update"

If somebody could help me with at least 1st issue, I would appreciate it.

#100 2009-02-14 12:20:59

rap

Hi boilerjt

Quick question for you - do you have any idea what packages I would need to install on the dns to be able to use mediatomb to transcode mkv files?

Cheers

RAP

Board footer