DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#176 2009-03-24 22:57:28

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boomshanker wrote:

Hello boilerjt

Firstly, thank you for your dedication to this project as well as your time.

I have your build running on my DNS-323 and have noticed that videos created on my Archos AV700 do not have sound when streamed to my D-Link DSM-520.  Seems the videos are MPEG-4 SP / Part 2.

Would you be able to inform me of what settings in config.xml I should be looking at to correct this problem?

Thank you very much, best regards.

Since you have video, it looks like the 520 is recognizing the mimetype that is assigned to the video.  I don't think there is anything that can be done to fix this as MediaTomb just streams the video from the file and the DNS-323 does not have enough horsepower to transcode it.  It looks like the 520 doesn't like the way the audio was encoded by the Archos.

Offline

 

#177 2009-03-24 23:52:05

boomshanker
Member
From: Port Coquitlam, BC
Registered: 2009-03-06
Posts: 10

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Thank you for your quick response.  I suppose I must convert these AVIs to a different type.

Offline

 

#178 2009-03-28 11:42:19

7erl
Member
Registered: 2009-03-01
Posts: 12

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

@ boilerjt

Because you are really the expert on mediatomb, I would like to ask you to get my final problem solved:

I only stream *.m2ts files (renamed to *.m2t and mapped correctly to video/mpeg) from a CH3SNAS to my PS3.
Everything works phantastic, but I noticed, that I lack the file date and the movies total playtime listed below every title in the menues on the PS3. Only two dots (..) are listed below the movies. When running PS3 media server I can see the file date and movie play time below the movie titles.

How can I achieve the same on Mediatomb? Obviously there are two fields below the movie title that might be filled with some information. How can MT be forced to add this information from the file or how can I fill these fields manually?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards
7erl

Offline

 

#179 2009-03-28 12:33:54

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

7erl wrote:

@ boilerjt

Because you are really the expert on mediatomb, I would like to ask you to get my final problem solved:

I only stream *.m2ts files (renamed to *.m2t and mapped correctly to video/mpeg) from a CH3SNAS to my PS3.
Everything works phantastic, but I noticed, that I lack the file date and the movies total playtime listed below every title in the menues on the PS3. Only two dots (..) are listed below the movies. When running PS3 media server I can see the file date and movie play time below the movie titles.

How can I achieve the same on Mediatomb? Obviously there are two fields below the movie title that might be filled with some information. How can MT be forced to add this information from the file or how can I fill these fields manually?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards
7erl

I have the same issue.   In my PC linux build of MediaTomb, the total runtime is shown and I have never seen a file date. I doubt MediaTomb even sends the file date.  In the PC build, MediaTomb uses the ffmpeg libraries to read the video information and send it within the PS3 menus.  I do not have the ffmpeg libs part of this NAS build because I could not build them.

Offline

 

#180 2009-03-28 19:22:29

7erl
Member
Registered: 2009-03-01
Posts: 12

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boilerjt wrote:

7erl wrote:

@ boilerjt

Because you are really the expert on mediatomb, I would like to ask you to get my final problem solved:

I only stream *.m2ts files (renamed to *.m2t and mapped correctly to video/mpeg) from a CH3SNAS to my PS3.
Everything works phantastic, but I noticed, that I lack the file date and the movies total playtime listed below every title in the menues on the PS3. Only two dots (..) are listed below the movies. When running PS3 media server I can see the file date and movie play time below the movie titles.

How can I achieve the same on Mediatomb? Obviously there are two fields below the movie title that might be filled with some information. How can MT be forced to add this information from the file or how can I fill these fields manually?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards
7erl

I have the same issue.   In my PC linux build of MediaTomb, the total runtime is shown and I have never seen a file date. I doubt MediaTomb even sends the file date.  In the PC build, MediaTomb uses the ffmpeg libraries to read the video information and send it within the PS3 menus.  I do not have the ffmpeg libs part of this NAS build because I could not build them.

Thanks for this information; obviously this is due to this built.
I will look forward to find another solution, maybe to add this information manually (but how?).

Thanks!

Offline

 

#181 2009-03-30 06:44:23

boomshanker
Member
From: Port Coquitlam, BC
Registered: 2009-03-06
Posts: 10

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hi boilerjt

Could you tell me what I need to do to be able to stream mpeg-2 files from my DNS-323 d to my D-Link DSM-520.  File extension is mpg.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Offline

 

#182 2009-04-17 00:19:33

perssinaasappel
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2008-10-22
Posts: 59

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Installed as per instructions with no problems. (Thanks boilerjt.)

Web based interface is working fine.
Browsing folders with the television set is working fine.
Problem is the build in upnp-av player from my television set is complaining: "not supported file". (And not playing the movie.)

If I use the build-in upnp-av server on my ch3snas, the same file playes with no problems on my television set. roll

Is there anything in the MediaTomb config file I missed or maybe something else I don't understand?
I never used MediaTomb before so any help is very appreciated. TIA

Last edited by perssinaasappel (2009-04-17 00:22:49)


CH3SNAS 1.05b5 ffp 0.5 2x WD Caviar Green WD5000AACS nzbget(web)

Offline

 

#183 2009-04-17 04:32:18

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

perssinaasappel wrote:

Installed as per instructions with no problems. (Thanks boilerjt.)

Web based interface is working fine.
Browsing folders with the television set is working fine.
Problem is the build in upnp-av player from my television set is complaining: "not supported file". (And not playing the movie.)

If I use the build-in upnp-av server on my ch3snas, the same file playes with no problems on my television set. roll

Is there anything in the MediaTomb config file I missed or maybe something else I don't understand?
I never used MediaTomb before so any help is very appreciated. TIA

There are known issues with some of the DLNA compliant TVs and MediaTomb.  MediaTomb is not DLNA compliant (it contains some DLNA hacks for the PS3) and the new Sony and Samsung TVs require more than MediaTomb supports at this time.  There are people working on hacks as we speak trying to get these TVs working.  The issue with DLNA is that the specification is only available to DLNA members and it costs 10,000 USD a year for membership.  The MediaTomb developers do this as a hobby and cannot afford this, especially it being an open source free product.

Offline

 

#184 2009-04-17 04:34:55

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boomshanker wrote:

Hi boilerjt

Could you tell me what I need to do to be able to stream mpeg-2 files from my DNS-323 d to my D-Link DSM-520.  File extension is mpg.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Sorry for the delay... I somehow missed your post.  Try adding this to config.xml in the mappings:

<map from="mpg" to="video/mpeg"/>

Offline

 

#185 2009-04-17 16:12:58

swieep
Member
Registered: 2008-05-11
Posts: 7

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hello,

I'm using this version and it works really nice!! thank you. I created a nice import.js script that works perfectly for me.

I read there is also a import-dvd.js and this could read .iso dvd files.. For this to work we need:  libdvdnav and libdvdread? is this true and if so, are these libraries available for de dns-323?

Offline

 

#186 2009-04-17 16:56:29

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

swieep wrote:

Hello,

I'm using this version and it works really nice!! thank you. I created a nice import.js script that works perfectly for me.

I read there is also a import-dvd.js and this could read .iso dvd files.. For this to work we need:  libdvdnav and libdvdread? is this true and if so, are these libraries available for de dns-323?

The DVD iso feature is not ready yet.  When it is ready, I'll definitely make it part of the DNS-323 build.

Offline

 

#187 2009-04-17 20:32:20

perssinaasappel
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2008-10-22
Posts: 59

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Thx, boilerjt, I guess bad luck for me.
I'll try Twonky instead but I understand it's not free.
(Probably because they are a DLNA member.) wink

Edit: Just for the record, Twonky is working fine on my television set.

Last edited by perssinaasappel (2009-04-21 22:07:34)


CH3SNAS 1.05b5 ffp 0.5 2x WD Caviar Green WD5000AACS nzbget(web)

Offline

 

#188 2009-04-20 21:21:43

swieep
Member
Registered: 2008-05-11
Posts: 7

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Ok.. thanks for the answer.. I can not wait to have this feature working wink

boilerjt wrote:

The DVD iso feature is not ready yet.  When it is ready, I'll definitely make it part of the DNS-323 build.

Offline

 

#189 2009-05-05 23:36:44

rori
Member
Registered: 2007-09-29
Posts: 49

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hello


I just succesfully started up mediatomb-0.12.0-SVN2017-static-dns323 for the first time

mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 # ./mediatomb.sh
2009-05-05 21:37:12    INFO: Loading configuration from: /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/config/config.xml
2009-05-05 21:37:12    INFO: Checking configuration...
2009-05-05 21:37:13    INFO: Setting filesystem import charset to UTF-8
2009-05-05 21:37:13    INFO: Setting metadata import charset to UTF-8
2009-05-05 21:37:13    INFO: Setting playlist charset to UTF-8
2009-05-05 21:37:13    INFO: Configuration check succeeded.

Due to the information from this posting here ( http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic. … 896#p22896 )

Rival wrote:

With default settings Mediatomb couldn't handle the Hungarian accentuated characters (like őű) well, it just showed a question mark and cut the word (ex. "Demjn Ferenc" = "Demj?"). So I added/modified the following lines in config.xml:

<filesystem-charset>UTF-8</filesystem-charset>
<metadata-charset>UTF-8</metadata-charset>
<playlist-charset>UTF-8</playlist-charset>
<scripting script-charset="UTF-8">
<...>


Mediatomb now imports and shares file names/mp3 tags well.

I have included the 4 lines into the config file to have German Umlauts recognised correctly.

However, I still have a small bt annoying issue with my Phillips MCi300:

For some reasons the file name is truncated/incomplete...the display leaves away the filename after about 25 letters.

For example...
04 - Air - Kelly, watch the stars.mp3
becomes
04 - Air - Kelly, watch th

in the display. Those things seem to be random, that means, sometimes I get the full filename, sometime I get a truncated filename.

1.) Can anyone confirm this or provide a workaround?
2.) Is there a way to increase the maximum number of letters that are transmitted to the client?
3.) How can I figure out if this is a Mediatomb-bug or an issue with my streaming client?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rori (2009-05-05 23:51:58)


DNS-323 / firmware 1.08b9
fonz funplug ffp:v0.5
firefly: svn-1735 (via funplug) with ogg and flac support streaming to Pinnacle Soundbrigde Home Music firmware 3.0.52
HDD: 2x1,5 TB Seagate HD154UI Rev: 1AG0 in RAID1-mode

Offline

 

#190 2009-05-09 22:30:31

rori
Member
Registered: 2007-09-29
Posts: 49

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hello,

upon a fresh install, a new config.xml is created.

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config version="1" xmlns="http://mediatomb.cc/config/1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://mediatomb.cc/config/1 http://mediatomb.cc/config/1.xsd">
  <server>
    <ui enabled="yes" show-tooltips="yes">
      <accounts enabled="no" session-timeout="30">
        <account user="mediatomb" password="mediatomb"/>
      </accounts>
    </ui>
    <name>MediaTomb</name>

    <udn>uuid:6bf002d2-7589-4898-a34d-ee2756ad02e1</udn>
    <home>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/config</home>
    <webroot>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/web</webroot>
    <storage>
      <sqlite3 enabled="yes">
        <database-file>mediatomb.db</database-file>
      </sqlite3>

    </storage>
    <protocolInfo extend="no"/><!-- For PS3 support change to "yes" -->
    <!--
       Uncomment the lines below to get rid of jerky avi playback on the
       DSM320 or to enable subtitles support on the DSM units
    -->
    <!--
    <custom-http-headers>
      <add header="X-User-Agent: redsonic"/>
    </custom-http-headers>

    <manufacturerURL>redsonic.com</manufacturerURL>
    <modelNumber>105</modelNumber>
    -->
    <!-- Uncomment the line below if you have a Telegent TG100 -->
    <!--
       <upnp-string-limit>101</upnp-string-limit>
    -->
    <extended-runtime-options>
      <mark-played-items enabled="no" suppress-cds-updates="yes">
        <string mode="prepend">*</string>

      </mark-played-items>
    </extended-runtime-options>
  </server>
  <import hidden-files="no">
    <magic-file>usr/share/file/magic</magic-file>
    <scripting script-charset="UTF-8">
      <common-script>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/js/common.js</common-script>
      <playlist-script>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/js/playlists.js</playlist-script>

      <virtual-layout type="builtin">
        <import-script>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/js/import.js</import-script>
        <dvd-script>/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/share/mediatomb/js/import-dvd.js</dvd-script>
      </virtual-layout>
    </scripting>
    <mappings>
      <extension-mimetype ignore-unknown="no">
        <map from="mp3" to="audio/mpeg"/>

        <map from="ogg" to="application/ogg"/>
        <map from="asf" to="video/x-ms-asf"/>
        <map from="asx" to="video/x-ms-asf"/>
        <map from="wma" to="audio/x-ms-wma"/>
        <map from="wax" to="audio/x-ms-wax"/>
        <map from="wmv" to="video/x-ms-wmv"/>
        <map from="wvx" to="video/x-ms-wvx"/>
        <map from="wm" to="video/x-ms-wm"/>
        <map from="wmx" to="video/x-ms-wmx"/>

        <map from="m3u" to="audio/x-mpegurl"/>
        <map from="pls" to="audio/x-scpls"/>
        <map from="flv" to="video/x-flv"/>
        <!-- Uncomment the line below for PS3 divx support -->
        <!-- <map from="avi" to="video/divx"/> -->
        <!-- Uncomment the line below for D-Link DSM / ZyXEL DMA-1000 -->
        <!-- <map from="avi" to="video/avi"/> -->
      </extension-mimetype>
      <mimetype-upnpclass>

        <map from="audio/*" to="object.item.audioItem.musicTrack"/>
        <map from="video/*" to="object.item.videoItem"/>
        <map from="image/*" to="object.item.imageItem"/>
      </mimetype-upnpclass>
      <mimetype-contenttype>
        <treat mimetype="audio/mpeg" as="mp3"/>
        <treat mimetype="application/ogg" as="ogg"/>
        <treat mimetype="audio/x-flac" as="flac"/>
        <treat mimetype="image/jpeg" as="jpg"/>

        <treat mimetype="audio/x-mpegurl" as="playlist"/>
        <treat mimetype="audio/x-scpls" as="playlist"/>
        <treat mimetype="audio/x-wav" as="pcm"/>
        <treat mimetype="audio/L16" as="pcm"/>
        <treat mimetype="video/x-msvideo" as="avi"/>
        <treat mimetype="video/mp4" as="mp4"/>
        <treat mimetype="audio/mp4" as="mp4"/>
        <treat mimetype="application/x-iso9660" as="dvd"/>
        <treat mimetype="application/x-iso9660-image" as="dvd"/>

      </mimetype-contenttype>
    </mappings>
    <online-content>
      <!-- Make sure to setup a transcoding profile for flv -->
      <YouTube enabled="no" refresh="28800" update-at-start="no" purge-after="604800" racy-content="exclude" format="flv" hd="no">
        <favorites user="mediatomb"/>
        <standardfeed feed="most_viewed" time-range="today"/>
        <playlists user="mediatomb"/>
        <uploads user="mediatomb"/>

        <standardfeed feed="recently_featured" time-range="today"/>
      </YouTube>
      <AppleTrailers enabled="no" refresh="43200" update-at-start="no" resolution="640"/>
    </online-content>
  </import>
  <transcoding enabled="no">
    <mimetype-profile-mappings>
      <transcode mimetype="video/x-flv" using="vlcmpeg"/>
      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="vlcmpeg"/>

      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="oggflac2raw"/>
      <transcode mimetype="audio/x-flac" using="oggflac2raw"/>
    </mimetype-profile-mappings>
    <profiles>
      <profile name="oggflac2raw" enabled="no" type="external">
        <mimetype>audio/L16</mimetype>
        <accept-url>no</accept-url>
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>

        <accept-ogg-theora>no</accept-ogg-theora>
        <agent command="ogg123" arguments="-d raw -o byteorder:big -f %out %in"/>
        <buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>
      </profile>
      <profile name="vlcmpeg" enabled="no" type="external">
        <mimetype>video/mpeg</mimetype>
        <accept-url>yes</accept-url>

        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>
        <accept-ogg-theora>yes</accept-ogg-theora>
        <agent command="vlc" arguments="-I dummy %in --sout #transcode{venc=ffmpeg,vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,fps=25,aenc=ffmpeg,acodec=mpga,ab=192,samplerate=44100,channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=ps,dst=%out} vlc:quit"/>
        <buffer size="14400000" chunk-size="512000" fill-size="120000"/>
      </profile>
    </profiles>
  </transcoding>
</config>

But which settings do I have to adjust to be able to play *.ogg-files? Mimetype in Gnome is (audio/x-vorbis+ogg)?

All additional files as mentioned in post #1 are installed correctly

Code:

/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/pkg/additional # funpkg -i *.tgz
Skipping faad2-2.6-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping flac-1.2.1-1.tgz (already installed)
Skipping glib-2.18.1-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping libid3tag-0.15.1b-2.tgz (already installed)
Skipping libmad-0.15.1b-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping libmms-0.4-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping libogg-1.1.3-2.tgz (already installed)
Skipping libvorbis-1.2.0-2.tgz (already installed)
Skipping madplay-0.15.2b-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping mediatomb-transcode-bin-1.1-ffp0.5.tgz (already installed)
Skipping tremor-r15048-1.tgz (already installed)
Skipping vorbis-tools-1.2.0-2.tgz (already installed)

What do I do wrong? Any help greatly appreciated...

Last edited by rori (2009-05-09 22:33:18)


DNS-323 / firmware 1.08b9
fonz funplug ffp:v0.5
firefly: svn-1735 (via funplug) with ogg and flac support streaming to Pinnacle Soundbrigde Home Music firmware 3.0.52
HDD: 2x1,5 TB Seagate HD154UI Rev: 1AG0 in RAID1-mode

Offline

 

#191 2009-05-10 04:01:14

boomshanker
Member
From: Port Coquitlam, BC
Registered: 2009-03-06
Posts: 10

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boilerjt wrote:

boomshanker wrote:

Hi boilerjt

Could you tell me what I need to do to be able to stream mpeg-2 files from my DNS-323 d to my D-Link DSM-520.  File extension is mpg.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Sorry for the delay... I somehow missed your post.  Try adding this to config.xml in the mappings:

<map from="mpg" to="video/mpeg"/>

I finally had the chance to try, and your suggestion worked... Thank you.

Offline

 

#192 2009-05-12 20:57:17

rori
Member
Registered: 2007-09-29
Posts: 49

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Sorry for keeping up lots of questions.

I am still battling with ogg support. I have been reading a lot and tried to adapt my config.xml but still without success for the ogg-files.

As far as I can see the standard ogg-transcoding-application in the this build from  svn-2017 is ogg123 and/or vlc (in the standard config.xml that  is created during the first startup)

Code:

<transcoding enabled="yes">                                                   
    <mimetype-profile-mappings>                                                 
      <transcode mimetype="video/x-flv" using="vlcmpeg"/>                       
      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="vlcmpeg"/>                   
      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="oggflac2raw"/>               
      <transcode mimetype="audio/x-flac" using="oggflac2raw"/>                  
    </mimetype-profile-mappings>                                                
    <profiles>                                                                  
      <profile name="oggflac2raw" enabled="no" type="external">                 
        <mimetype>audio/L16</mimetype>                                          
        <accept-url>no</accept-url>                                             
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>                                    
        <accept-ogg-theora>no</accept-ogg-theora>                               
        <agent command="ogg123" arguments="-d raw -o byteorder:big -f %out %in"/
        <buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>         
      </profile>                                                                
      <profile name="vlcmpeg" enabled="no" type="external">                     
        <mimetype>video/mpeg</mimetype>                                         
        <accept-url>yes</accept-url>                                            
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>                                    
        <accept-ogg-theora>yes</accept-ogg-theora>                              
        <agent command="vlc" arguments="-I dummy %in --sout #transcode{venc=ffmp
        <buffer size="14400000" chunk-size="512000" fill-size="120000"/>        
      </profile>                                                                
    </profiles>                                                                 
  </transcoding>

Unfortunately both the vlc and the ogg123 application are unknown after installing the additional packages from post#1.

I have tried I tried to replace "ogg123" with "oggdec" but without success.

Who has successfully managed to use oggdec within SVN2017 and can come up with a working config.xml?


DNS-323 / firmware 1.08b9
fonz funplug ffp:v0.5
firefly: svn-1735 (via funplug) with ogg and flac support streaming to Pinnacle Soundbrigde Home Music firmware 3.0.52
HDD: 2x1,5 TB Seagate HD154UI Rev: 1AG0 in RAID1-mode

Offline

 

#193 2009-05-12 23:39:44

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

This works for me:

place this in <mimetype-profile-mappings>

Code:

<transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="oggwav"/>

place this in <profiles>

Code:

 
<profile name="oggwav" enabled="yes" type="external">
     <mimetype>audio/wav</mimetype>
     <accept-url>no</accept-url>
     <first-resource>yes</first-resource>
     <accept-ogg-theora>no</accept-ogg-theora>
     <agent command="oggdec" arguments="-o %out %in"/>
     <buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>
</profile>

This should work if your device will accept audio/wav.  If it doesn't work with audio/wav and needs LPCM (audio/L16), I haven't figured it out yet.  I am using the oggdec that comes with the firefly build and it appears to be an old version(1.20).  I don't think it has the parameters (endianness, signedness, etc) to correctly format an LPCM stream.

rori wrote:

Sorry for keeping up lots of questions.

I am still battling with ogg support. I have been reading a lot and tried to adapt my config.xml but still without success for the ogg-files.

As far as I can see the standard ogg-transcoding-application in the this build from  svn-2017 is ogg123 and/or vlc (in the standard config.xml that  is created during the first startup)

Code:

<transcoding enabled="yes">                                                   
    <mimetype-profile-mappings>                                                 
      <transcode mimetype="video/x-flv" using="vlcmpeg"/>                       
      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="vlcmpeg"/>                   
      <transcode mimetype="application/ogg" using="oggflac2raw"/>               
      <transcode mimetype="audio/x-flac" using="oggflac2raw"/>                  
    </mimetype-profile-mappings>                                                
    <profiles>                                                                  
      <profile name="oggflac2raw" enabled="no" type="external">                 
        <mimetype>audio/L16</mimetype>                                          
        <accept-url>no</accept-url>                                             
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>                                    
        <accept-ogg-theora>no</accept-ogg-theora>                               
        <agent command="ogg123" arguments="-d raw -o byteorder:big -f %out %in"/
        <buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>         
      </profile>                                                                
      <profile name="vlcmpeg" enabled="no" type="external">                     
        <mimetype>video/mpeg</mimetype>                                         
        <accept-url>yes</accept-url>                                            
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>                                    
        <accept-ogg-theora>yes</accept-ogg-theora>                              
        <agent command="vlc" arguments="-I dummy %in --sout #transcode{venc=ffmp
        <buffer size="14400000" chunk-size="512000" fill-size="120000"/>        
      </profile>                                                                
    </profiles>                                                                 
  </transcoding>

Unfortunately both the vlc and the ogg123 application are unknown after installing the additional packages from post#1.

I have tried I tried to replace "ogg123" with "oggdec" but without success.

Who has successfully managed to use oggdec within SVN2017 and can come up with a working config.xml?

Offline

 

#194 2009-05-13 21:52:03

rori
Member
Registered: 2007-09-29
Posts: 49

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Thanks for the hint and good advice.

Unfortunaly neither my Roku Soundbridge nor my Philips MCi300 can play ogg using this Mediatomb-settings.

Does that mean, that both players require LPCM (audio/L16) support that you have mentioned?

I can still playback my ogg-files via Firefly Mediaserver/Roku Soundbridge but  I would really like to get rid of Firefly (no longer maintained) and finally switch to mediatomb completely.

What - in your opinion - would be required to enable LPCM (audio/L16)-support for Mediatomb and who could possibly provide this?

Would that be Delekhan ( this thread: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t1897-Firefly-package-(with-flac).html ) or
fonz to include ogg123 and vlc as additional fun_plug packages or
jin as the mediatomb-developer to do some IT-magic?


DNS-323 / firmware 1.08b9
fonz funplug ffp:v0.5
firefly: svn-1735 (via funplug) with ogg and flac support streaming to Pinnacle Soundbrigde Home Music firmware 3.0.52
HDD: 2x1,5 TB Seagate HD154UI Rev: 1AG0 in RAID1-mode

Offline

 

#195 2009-05-13 22:32:26

boilerjt
Member
From: Minnesota, USA
Registered: 2008-09-15
Posts: 122

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

If your devices will not play ogg natively, a transcoder will be needed for MediaTomb.  I am using Delekhan's oggdec to transcode ogg to wav and it works great with my DirecTV HR20.   I looked at Delekhan's firefly configuration files and he is using the same oggdec command line as I am and streaming the wav file.  If this version of firefly works for you, then I assume this older oggdec should work as well.  One easy thing you can do is to replace the audio/wav mimetype with audio/x-wav and see if this will work.

Transcoding on the DNS-323 is tricky because the transcoding apps must support fixed point (integer math) because the NAS does not have a floating point unit.  Almost every transcoding app uses floating point and will not work.  Don't bother with vlc as it is a resource hog and was probably not compiled with a fixed point ogg decoder.  I have not tried ogg123 and I'm not sure there is a fixed point version around.

If this doesn't work, open up the MediaTomb WebUI and select an ogg song in the database.  Click on the edit icon (pencil and paper) and verify that the mimetype is application/ogg.

rori wrote:

Thanks for the hint and good advice.

Unfortunaly neither my Roku Soundbridge nor my Philips MCi300 can play ogg using this Mediatomb-settings.

Does that mean, that both players require LPCM (audio/L16) support that you have mentioned?

I can still playback my ogg-files via Firefly Mediaserver/Roku Soundbridge but  I would really like to get rid of Firefly (no longer maintained) and finally switch to mediatomb completely.

What - in your opinion - would be required to enable LPCM (audio/L16)-support for Mediatomb and who could possibly provide this?

Would that be Delekhan ( this thread: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t1897-Firefly-package-(with-flac).html ) or
fonz to include ogg123 and vlc as additional fun_plug packages or
jin as the mediatomb-developer to do some IT-magic?

Last edited by boilerjt (2009-05-13 22:40:34)

Offline

 

#196 2009-05-24 12:27:23

jmcqup
Member
From: Uganda
Registered: 2008-06-17
Posts: 23

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hi. MediaTomb is working brilliantly to manage my video (especially the feature to "*" which files have been played). However I not quite satisfied with my import script for audio files. I'm trying to pull in ratings from the ID3v2/POPM frame (popularimeter) without success. The documentation for TagLib (part of the static build?) suggests that it should be able to get this value. Has anyone else  tried/succeeded in getting this to work? with thanks -james

Offline

 

#197 2009-05-25 20:14:16

rori
Member
Registered: 2007-09-29
Posts: 49

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hello boilerjt,

thanks to your advice I was able to get a little further.

I have changed the mimetype for wav-files to audio/x-wav (succesfull playback of a wav-testfile has confirmed the need af the alternative setting) and I have ensured that the application/ogg is correct in the frontend.

But I still can not playback ogg-files in transcoded mode.

Some output from my console:

1.) Enabling special characters

Code:

/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 # ./mediatomb.sh 
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Loading configuration from: /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/config/config.xml
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Checking configuration...
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Setting filesystem import charset to UTF-8
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Setting metadata import charset to UTF-8
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Setting playlist charset to UTF-8
2009-05-25 19:01:46    INFO: Configuration check succeeded.

2.) Requesting an ogg-file from clients
3.) Client refuses to play the ogg-file

BUT: It seems that transcoding starts up perfectly due to the output in "ps" in telnet-mode.

Code:

/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 # ps
PID   USER     COMMAND
    1 root     init                                
    2 root     [ksoftirqd/0]
    3 root     [events/0]
    4 root     [khelper]
    5 root     [kthread]
   11 root     [kblockd/0]
   14 root     [khubd]
   49 root     [pdflush]
   50 root     [pdflush]
   52 root     [aio/0]
   51 root     [kswapd0]
  190 root     [scsi_eh_0]
  191 root     [scsi_eh_1]
  192 root     [scsi_eh_2]
  193 root     [scsi_eh_3]
  204 root     [mtdblockd]
  218 root     [kcryptd/0]
  219 root     [kmirrord/0]
  230 root     [loop0]
 1282 root     atd 
 1366 root     [md0_raid1]
 1554 root     chkbutton 
 1578 root     /web/webs 
 1584 root     fancontrol 
 1619 root     /usr/sbin/samba/smbd -D 
 1623 root     /usr/sbin/samba/nmbd -D 
 1627 root     /usr/sbin/samba/smbd -D 
 1629 root     op_server 3 3 3 
 1635 root     -sh 
 1638 root     check_hotplug 
 1713 root     lpd Waiting
 1743 root     crond 
 1811 root     /ffp/sbin/telnetd -l /ffp/bin/sh 
 1822 root     /ffp/sbin/mt-daapd 
 1823 root     /ffp/sbin/mt-daapd 
 1825 root     /ffp/sbin/mt-daapd 
 1844 root     /ffp/sbin/mt-daapd 
 1882 root     /usr/sbin/samba/smbd -D 
 1945 root     /ffp/bin/sh 
 2006 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2007 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2008 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2011 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2013 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2014 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2015 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2016 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2017 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2018 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2023 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2024 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2025 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2108 root     oggdec -o /tmp/mt_transcode_IQXDUU /mnt/HD_a2/MP3/Test-Verzeichnis/OGG/Air - [1999] - Premiers Symptmes/07 - G
 2109 root     /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12/usr/bin/mediatomb -m /mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb12 -f config -d 
 2114 root     ps

Obviously PID 2108 is started successfully and it runs through all the files in the directory.

Sometime I see two ogg-files being transcoded simulatanously, but I never get playback on my client.

If I manually decode an ogg-file, and place the wav-output in the same directory, I can play the wave-file (of course) but also the ogg-file (which is due to the fact that the wave-file is present in the directory). As soon as I delete the wav-file, ogg-playback is impossible again.

Do I have to adjust the cache-settings in the config-file???

Thanks for your time, patience and good advice :-)

Last edited by rori (2009-05-25 20:29:04)


DNS-323 / firmware 1.08b9
fonz funplug ffp:v0.5
firefly: svn-1735 (via funplug) with ogg and flac support streaming to Pinnacle Soundbrigde Home Music firmware 3.0.52
HDD: 2x1,5 TB Seagate HD154UI Rev: 1AG0 in RAID1-mode

Offline

 

#198 2009-06-01 20:44:06

caccamo
New member
From: Milan, Italy
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 2

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

boilerjt wrote:

6) YouTube video support (with no transcoding)
7) Apple movie trailer viewing (no transcoding)

I am actually trying to get these working but my PS3 keeps reporting "Unsupported data". Entries appear just fine, and format (for youtube) has been set to mp4 with no HD... but so far, I've had no luck

any hints?

Offline

 

#199 2009-06-06 22:43:18

AstolfoHynkel
New member
Registered: 2009-06-06
Posts: 1

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

Hello, I'm a totally computer user nerd. I just got a dns-323 in order to serve mkv files to my popcorn but I found a lot of troube. Finally i arrived at this wonderfull forum and I found what it seems a pretty good solution, mediatomb.
I tried to install following the instructions at the first post, but I'm not able to enter mediatomb directory, it says permission denied. I try to delete the directory with the ftp connection but also appears the permission denied message.

It's because I did not login as a root user via ssh?
Thank you very much for all the good things you people do here, and please forgive my bad english.

cheers from barcelona

Offline

 

#200 2009-06-19 23:08:21

gt9228a
Member
Registered: 2009-03-04
Posts: 9

Re: [REL] MediaTomb 0.12.0 SVN 1899

caccamo wrote:

boilerjt wrote:

6) YouTube video support (with no transcoding)
7) Apple movie trailer viewing (no transcoding)

I am actually trying to get these working but my PS3 keeps reporting "Unsupported data". Entries appear just fine, and format (for youtube) has been set to mp4 with no HD... but so far, I've had no luck

any hints?

I am also getting this error (displaying youtube videos on PS3 without transcoding).  In the mediatomb log file it shows

ERROR: Failed to get URL for video with id (step 1)5wlz-W_L0F0

Any ideas, or does anyone have it working?

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2010 PunBB