DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-10-15 15:31:10

nurunet

File name length limitations?

Yesterday, I checked my backups (created with the help of this thread: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/viewtopic. … 50&p=1). They seemed to be fine, only some MP3s from my Star Wars soundtracks couldn't be opened by Winmerge. They feature really long paths (like - I haven't got them here right now - "/mnt/HD_b2/HD_a2/Music/Album/Soundtracks/Star Wars/Episode VI – The Return of the Jedi (Special Edition)/JohnWilliams – Star Wars Episode V CD 1/Brother And Sister _ Father And Son _ The Fleet Enters Hyperspace _ Heroic Ewok.MP3"). Still, I can open & play them with Winamp normally. So, there seems to be some kind of maximum path length Winmerge can't deal with. This made me ask myself, whether or not there generally is a path/file name length limitation for the CH3SNAS. Wikipedia says, that file names in ext2 can't exceed 255 characters. Does this apply to the CH3SNAS? Does this concern only the file name itself or the whole path?

[The/Whole/Path/max./255/charact.ers]

or

[max255chars/max255chars/max255chars/max255chars/max255chars/...]?

Conceptronic CH3SNAS FW 1.03, ffp from USB key.

Board footer