DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-10-23 17:16:24

bvanveelen

installing python-yenc and other packages with fonz funplug

Hi guys,

I'm finally understanding this funplug business, and I am trying to get a newsgroup downloader working on my CH3SNAS. As far as I have seen the DNS-323 and the CH3SNAS are very alike so I thought I could ask my questions here since this a more active forum than the one connected to the CH3SNAS wiki.

I want to install SABnzb. To be able to do this I need the standard package python (which I have installed with help of the tutorial here: http://dns323.kood.org/forum/t2077-DenyHosts-Fonz.html ) but I also need some extra packages like python-yenc, python-dev etc.

The only way I could find, on how to install these packages, was with help of the apt-get command, which is the installer of a debian distro. I don't really feel like installing Debian on my NAS , since it feels somewhat too risky for me.

So my question is if you guys have any ideas about how to install packages like these without having to install Debian? This question might perhaps be a bit more generalized, by asking how to install any package which wasn't specifically tailored to be working on a NAS. I guess just taking a random version of a package from the Debian repository will not be a good idea since it wasn't tailored to be working on a NAS distro. I am coming to the point where my understanding of these matters become vague, so I decided to ask before doing anything in hope of some teaching..:-)

Thanks in advance

#2 2008-10-24 20:43:12

bzhou

Re: installing python-yenc and other packages with fonz funplug

You can also try optware, which has all these packaged.

Board footer