DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-10-29 22:39:54

jordan_d

funplug on usb / ssh issue

Hi, I'm trying get funplug running on a usb stick. Everything seems to be ok, but I can't login via ssh, nor telnet. When I reboot without the usb stick, everything is ok and I can login. Strange thing: the content of ffp/ folder is strictly the same on hdd and usb stick.
This is the error message I have: server refuses to allocate pty

I used this tuto: http://bfg100k.blogspot.com/search/label/NAS%20Project. I used it by the past without any problem, I don't understand. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks

#2 2008-10-29 22:45:51

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Re: funplug on usb / ssh issue

jordan_d wrote:

Hi, I'm trying get funplug running on a usb stick. Everything seems to be ok, but I can't login via ssh, nor telnet. When I reboot without the usb stick, everything is ok and I can login. Strange thing: the content of ffp/ folder is strictly the same on hdd and usb stick.
This is the error message I have: server refuses to allocate pty

I used this tuto: http://bfg100k.blogspot.com/search/label/NAS%20Project. I used it by the past without any problem, I don't understand. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks

I suspect, you're using an old fun_plug script that doesn't run /ffp/etc/fun_plug.init. That script will setup proper pseudo-terminals  (i.e. ptys). Specifically, the fun_plug script is missing these two sections:

Code:

# run fun_plug.init, if present
if [ -x /ffp/etc/fun_plug.init ]; then
    echo "* Running /ffp/etc/fun_plug.init ..."
    /ffp/etc/fun_plug.init
fi

# run fun_plug.local, if present
if [ -x /ffp/etc/fun_plug.local ]; then
    echo "* Running /ffp/etc/fun_plug.local ..."
    /ffp/etc/fun_plug.local
fi

# run commands

I suggest you look for a more recent version or try to add the functions yourself.

#3 2008-10-29 22:55:02

jordan_d

fonz wrote:

I suspect, you're using an old fun_plug script that doesn't run /ffp/etc/fun_plug.init. That script will setup proper pseudo-terminals  (i.e. ptys). Specifically, the fun_plug script is missing these two sections:

Code:

/ffp/etc/fun_plug.init
fi

/ffp/etc/fun_plug.local
fi

# run commands

I suggest you look for a more recent version or try to add the functions yourself.

So fast ! You were right, the script I used didn't run those scripts, I updated it, and now everything goes well smile Fonz, I love you big_smile Thanks a lot wink

#4 2008-11-17 02:35:09

blizzak

Excellent advice here on this thread, just solved that issue for me as well.

#5 2008-11-17 16:58:55

bfg100k

fonz wrote:

Code:

/ffp/etc/fun_plug.init
fi

/ffp/etc/fun_plug.local
fi

# run commands

Hi Fonz, can i know which script you are referring to here? The USB or FFP? I don't have the above in my fun_plug script but everything seems to be working...

#6 2008-11-17 17:05:33

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

bfg100k wrote:

Hi Fonz, can i know which script you are referring to here? The USB or FFP? I don't have the above in my fun_plug script but everything seems to be working...

It's from the current fun_plug script at http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/fun_plug .
See also the ChangeLog, Aug 20.

Board footer