DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-11-05 04:25:53

drinktheworm81

ffp + mediatomb == lots of processes?

Hey guys, I don't know if this is standard behavior for one of these things but I came across this while trying to troubleshoot choppy video.  Basically mediatomb fires up and launches a bunch of processes that all look the same, problem is, two of em go away and the rest all sit there... eating memory.

Anyhow, wondering if this was really necessary or more likely an erroneous condition.

Thanks.

#2 2008-11-06 01:42:38

boilerjt

Re: ffp + mediatomb == lots of processes?

drinktheworm81 wrote:

Hey guys, I don't know if this is standard behavior for one of these things but I came across this while trying to troubleshoot choppy video.  Basically mediatomb fires up and launches a bunch of processes that all look the same, problem is, two of em go away and the rest all sit there... eating memory.

Anyhow, wondering if this was really necessary or more likely an erroneous condition.

Thanks.

I've seen this question a few times on the MediaTomb forum.  Basically, the answer from the MediaTomb developer is that the multiple processes listed are normal.  They are actually threads that some systems display as processes.

Board footer