DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-14 19:46:35

keule

UPNP Database Information

Hi!

As promised here my findings about the database.
Once the UPNP Server is started a process called "prescan" seems to create the UPNPAV Database.

The database is located here: /mnt/HD_a2/.systemfile/.upnpav-db
The name of the database is: upnpav.db
The Format is: SQLITE 3

You can find a tool to open/manupulate it here: http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

The database inside is called: main
The tables are: music_sortAlb_tbl, music_sortidx_tbl, photo_tbl, music_sortArt_tbl, music_tbl, video_sortidx_tbl, music_sortGen_tbl, photo_sortidx_tbl, video_tbl

The ...sortXXX Tables containing only a sorted version of Searchcriterias (eg: music_sortArt_tbl contains the Artists names)

The main tables are: music_tbl, video:tbl and photo_tbl

The music_tbl looks like this:
music_tbl (No, Real_Path varchar(256), Real_fname varchar(256), UTF_Path varchar(512), UTF_fname varchar(512), EXT_fname varchar(12), Creattime, Filesize, Genre varchar(128), Artist varchar(128), Album varchar(128), Title varchar(128), Bitrate, Author, Year, Comments, layer, PlsFile varchar(256), reserve1, reserve2, reserve3;

I hope you found this first insight helpful.
If someone would copy this info into the wiki it would be nice. I don't know how to open a new topic under how_to or information...

best regards...keule

#2 2007-03-14 22:48:07

pic_micro

Re: UPNP Database Information

Hello,
I don't know if there is a size limitation. I have about 400MB of (music,video) and the UPnP server does not work, meaning no files are shown. But if I point my server to individual directories with less information the UPnP server works.

So there's some kind of limitation.

#3 2007-03-14 23:13:41

keule

Does the scanning complete successful with your media directory?

On the SQLite Page they don't mention a limitation that small, they say the Database can grow to "2 tebibytes (2^41 bytes) in size"...
What client are you using to connect?

brgds...keule

#4 2007-03-15 06:05:08

pic_micro

I does not complete scanning for some reason.
My clients are Buffalo Linktheater and Dlink dsm-320rd and they have the same problem. No files shown under Files.

Thx

#5 2007-03-15 11:50:20

keule

@pic_micro

As long as the scanning is not complete successfull no files are shown.

I'm quite sure that you have some currupt files in your media directory.
You can either test every file with the Media-Player to see if it starts to play
or
You can reduce the number of files to be scanned at put successive more files into the media dir until you find which causes the problem

best regrads...keule

#6 2007-03-18 15:49:47

awake67uk

Hi Pic,
Hope you manage to sort your problem out
Noticed you have a link-theatre like me, you might have seen my thread on problems with it not displaying any video files other than mpeg (mps3, photos etc fine)
Have you had this problem? Does your LinkTheatre pick up your divx, xvid, avi's OK?
Thanks

#7 2007-03-30 02:36:17

pic_micro

awake67uk wrote:

Hi Pic,
Hope you manage to sort your problem out
Noticed you have a link-theatre like me, you might have seen my thread on problems with it not displaying any video files other than mpeg (mps3, photos etc fine)
Have you had this problem? Does your LinkTheatre pick up your divx, xvid, avi's OK?
Thanks

I had two issues.
1) I had a corrupt file which I found and deleted it. Now the scan completes.
2) My LinkTheater for some reason did not display all the information and I thought it was the DNS but I started using the DRM320 and everything works.

Board footer