DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2008-11-13 23:05:22

mb16

autoreconf problem (fun plug packages)

I use the great fonz's fun_plug 0.5 packages for the build chain on my CH3SNAS FW 1.04rc5.
After successfully compiling mediatomb from the 0.11.0 sources, now i'm on my way compiling mediatomb from svn, by now I try with the 1940 revision.

I installed the autoconf, automake, m4 and perl packages from the http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/ repository and ran autoreconf -i to get the configure script as documented on the mediatomb site.

configure was made but, unfortunately did not work correctly.

./configure --prefix=/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb/run --with-js-libs=/mnt/HD_a2/mozilla/js/src/Linux_All_OPT.OBJ --with-js-h=/mnt/HD_a2/mozilla/js/src --disable-curl --enable-tombdebug --enable-upnpdebug --disable-inotify --disable-libdvdnav –disable-libmp4v2

This generates a config.status script but fails to execute it. Running ./config-status fails with a file not found message.

By comparing config.status with the config.status of my mediatomb 0.11.0 build I found it contains
# Files that config.status was made for.
config_files="
Makefile
build/Makefile
doc/Makefile
scripts/Makefile
scripts/js/Makefile
scripts/mediatomb-service-optware
tombupnp/Makefile
tombupnp/build/Makefile
web/Makefile
config/Makefile
artwork/Makefile
mediatomb.spec
"

This should probably look more like:
config_files="Makefile build/Makefile doc/Makefile scripts/Makefile scripts/js/Makefile scripts/mediatomb-service-optware tombupnp/Makefile tombupnp/build/Makefile web/Makefile config/Makefile artwork/Makefile mediatomb.spec"

I changed this by hand. config.status executed nicely and make succeeded afterwards.

Hmm, all that stuff (scripts making scripts, executing in strange languages using even stranger macros...) is quite a miracle to me – anyway:
This seems to me as a problem with one of the packages listed above rather than being located between my ears?

Someone to give me a clue?

#2 2008-11-14 00:01:29

boilerjt

Re: autoreconf problem (fun plug packages)

I could not get autoreconf -i working with ffp 0.5 either with MediaTomb SVN, but the same tools work from optware. 

mb16 wrote:

I use the great fonz's fun_plug 0.5 packages for the build chain on my CH3SNAS FW 1.04rc5.
After successfully compiling mediatomb from the 0.11.0 sources, now i'm on my way compiling mediatomb from svn, by now I try with the 1940 revision.

I installed the autoconf, automake, m4 and perl packages from the http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/ repository and ran autoreconf -i to get the configure script as documented on the mediatomb site.

configure was made but, unfortunately did not work correctly.

./configure --prefix=/mnt/HD_a2/mediatomb/run --with-js-libs=/mnt/HD_a2/mozilla/js/src/Linux_All_OPT.OBJ --with-js-h=/mnt/HD_a2/mozilla/js/src --disable-curl --enable-tombdebug --enable-upnpdebug --disable-inotify --disable-libdvdnav –disable-libmp4v2

This generates a config.status script but fails to execute it. Running ./config-status fails with a file not found message.

By comparing config.status with the config.status of my mediatomb 0.11.0 build I found it contains
config_files="
Makefile
build/Makefile
doc/Makefile
scripts/Makefile
scripts/js/Makefile
scripts/mediatomb-service-optware
tombupnp/Makefile
tombupnp/build/Makefile
web/Makefile
config/Makefile
artwork/Makefile
mediatomb.spec
"

This should probably look more like:
config_files="Makefile build/Makefile doc/Makefile scripts/Makefile scripts/js/Makefile scripts/mediatomb-service-optware tombupnp/Makefile tombupnp/build/Makefile web/Makefile config/Makefile artwork/Makefile mediatomb.spec"

I changed this by hand. config.status executed nicely and make succeeded afterwards.

Hmm, all that stuff (scripts making scripts, executing in strange languages using even stranger macros...) is quite a miracle to me – anyway:
This seems to me as a problem with one of the packages listed above rather than being located between my ears?

Someone to give me a clue?

#3 2008-11-14 00:21:41

mb16

Thanks boilerjt, i've read that in one of your posts.
Just thought that this might help to further improve the fun plug 0.5 repository...
Unfortunatly i'm even unsure which component causes the problem...
In the meantime i'll have a look at optware, hoping not getting too much of a mix system....

#4 2008-11-14 01:09:26

boilerjt

I would much rather have the ffp 0.5 builds working.  This is the only thing I use in optware and would gladly wipe it.  It seems half of the optware apps don't work with the DNS-323 and I now use optware as a last resort (if I can't build it myself).

mb16 wrote:

Thanks boilerjt, i've read that in one of your posts.
Just thought that this might help to further improve the fun plug 0.5 repository...
Unfortunatly i'm even unsure which component causes the problem...
In the meantime i'll have a look at optware, hoping not getting too much of a mix system....

Last edited by boilerjt (2008-11-14 01:10:55)

Board footer