DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-01-01 01:28:50

corky

dns-323 AV streamer and PS3 issue with mp3 track orders ?

Hi all, i'm using the dns-323 with the latest 1.06 firmware and with the built in av media streamer enabled for my ps3 it all works ok except for one annoying problem. When i access my music and go into any mp3 albums the tracks are always shown in alphabetic order, and not track order, so all the tracks are mixed up ?

I know you can change the view on the ps3 but you can only seem to do this at the root of the d-link icon on the ps3, but this does nothing anyway as by the time you navigate to the music folder it's still the same.

I have reset the dns settings to deault, then loaded my settings in again, also refreshed the dns in the av streamer settings page. no change here.

So for now i have had to resort to installing fun plug 0.4 and twonky media as this does show the tracks in the correct order, but i was really hoping the built in one would have been good enough.

I don't really want telnet enabled without any password protection, now that twonky is installed, i've had a look around but it seems really hard to disable telnet in fun plug 0.4, or even to set a password up.

any help with this ?

oh and happy new year to all smile

#2 2009-01-01 12:28:16

rap

Re: dns-323 AV streamer and PS3 issue with mp3 track orders ?

I had this problem a while ago with a car stereo and ended up renaming all the files so they start with the track number. "01 - Track Name.mp3" etc.

Bit of a pain but you only need to do it once and a program like Tag&Rename ( http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm ) makes it pretty easy.

RAP

#3 2009-01-01 14:14:56

corky

hi, the thing is they are all named like you said, "01 - Track Name.mp3". My whole mp3 album collection is in this format.

Thing is although they do get displayed in the correct order via twonky media on the ps3 but it does'nt display the track numbers still, just the track names, but they are in order though ?

Confused ?

#4 2009-01-02 03:59:36

mozkill

there are a bunch of free renamers for mp3s and even other file types. 

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?q=renamer

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?q=tag+editor

#5 2009-01-02 20:39:09

corky

I don't think i really need a file renamer, i copied one of my albums to the ps3 and now it is in track number order, so this seems to be an issue with the way the d-link streams it across ?

I'm sure there are lots of you out there using a dns-323 and a ps3, do you notice this issue, or is it only a problem at my end ?

Thanks

#6 2009-01-03 09:43:06

mozkill

you dont need a renamer exactly.  what I meant is that you need is a meta-data fixer.  the file renamers usually can fix the metadata also.   it can be found in the links I gave above.

#7 2009-01-03 14:08:58

corky

ok thanks, not sure what you mean by meta data fixer, but i did use mp3tag some time ago, so i deleted the id3 tags from an album on my laptop, then recreated them. i then renamed the album on the nas drive and copied across the ammended album. But now i'm pulling my hair out because the nas drive no longer sees this album at all via the av streamer !! i have even done a refresh in the settings, and reflashed the 1.06 firmware, but nope it's gone. I have also restarted the ps3 of course to refresh this.

So just for renaming an album and copying it over again my ps3 can not see it at all ??

I know it's there because i can ftp into the nas and see it, also my xbox can see it fine via smb.

So i guess it's back to installing fun plug and twonky.

this is driving me mad sad

Board footer