DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2007-03-25 09:43:14

nicko

General DNS issues.

1. Password limit of 8 chars is bonkers. Decent windows security has passwords of 8 chars MINIMUM, not maximum. I have logged a call (for what its worth).

2. Login page hang. Occasionally, when logging in as admin, the login page hangs and no other user can log in. I had to reboot.  The power button did nothing, so I had to pull the plug. I have logged a call (for what its worth).

3. As I'm running firmware 1.02b, there is no fsck (see item 2 above - I'd like to check the disks). Are there any guides to installing e2fsprogs, and, anyway, is it a good idea?

Cheers

Nick

#2 2007-03-25 20:07:33

keule

Re: General DNS issues.

Hi Nicko,

when you enable telnet you can do the e2fsck from there (it's still included as a command).
I tried it and it started (however I was not patient enough to wait for it to finish).

By the way, when you log the boot message it is complaining something like "WARNING: trying to mount an unchecked filesystem".

I think it was not wise from D-Link to remove "Filesystemcheck" AND "EXT-3" at the same time, because "EXT-2" is not a journaling filesystem and needs FSCK from time to time.

best regards...keule

Board footer