DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-01-31 03:49:36

befeba

Can not reset my DSM-G600

I bought used from ebay a DSM-G600 rev B1

From the first time i tried to start up this item does not take an IP from my DHCP server. I also tried connecting the DSM-G600 directly to my computer configuring the network card in the same subnet and IP range as described in the D-Link support page but could not find it.

The power led lite green
The lan lite green too

If i press the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds it does not do anything. I also tried holding the button for 2 or more minutes but it does not respond.

If i press the dismount button then a usb let start blinking yellow.

If i try to turn it off but holding the power button it does not turn off. I have to unplug it to turn it off.

I talked with the seller and he told me the network configuration he has. I change my network configuration but nothing happen. Then i tried with the command arp -a in CMD and found the MAC address with an dynamic IP of the new configuration but does not appears on my DHCP server. I also can not acces it from Internet Explorer and is not discovered by the Easy Search Utility.

I pinged the address and is responding.

Some one who help me please.

Last edited by befeba (2009-01-31 06:57:31)

#2 2009-01-31 18:40:00

sala
Member / Site Admin
Website

Re: Can not reset my DSM-G600

Take the disk out first and power dsmg600 up. Find out dsmg600 ip, ping it and run ip scanner to find out webinterface port. If no open ports is found then your device is hacked/modified or just broken and you can only try reset button, some fun_plug hacks (telnet) or setup a serial port to find out more.

For fun_plug you'll first need to partition your disk on your pc (1st 512mb swap; 2nd ext2 or ext3 partition with inode size 128 or less) and then setup a fun_plug with the help of wiki. This way you can find out if dsmg600 actually finished booting and did find your disk.

DSM-G600 - NetBSD hdd-boot - 80GB Samsung SP0802N
NSA-220 - Gentoo armv5tel 20110121 hdd-boot - 2x 2TB WD WD20EADS

Board footer