DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-02-12 01:55:47

wardp

Files transfered via FTP loose their date/time stamp

I have been trying to transfer files using FTP but the original date/time stamp is lost.

FTP commands do not seem to work sad
Tried "SITE UTIME", "MDTM" and "MFMT" to reset the remote files date & time but none seem to work.

Does anyone know how I can use FTP to transfer my files and set the date/time to the source date/time stamps?

If I transfer a file via FTP the date/time is the time of the transfer.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-02-13 18:57:12

silversurfer

Re: Files transfered via FTP loose their date/time stamp

I did a quick Google search and it looks like not many FTP servers and clients support SITE UTIME, MDTM or MFMT. Of course the server AND the client need to support the same method. My CH3SNAS is using "pure-ftpd" as default FTP server and this one doesn't seem to support any of the above mentioned methods.

So either get another FTP Server which supports these methods or maybe tar the files before ftping them and untar them afterwards. This will preserve the time and date of the files inside the archive.

#3 2009-02-26 04:06:25

wardp

Re: Files transfered via FTP loose their date/time stamp

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to use FTP Syncroniser as it works quite well except for the FTP server not supporting the DATE/TIME changes.

I am using SMB instead, and microsofts SyncToy which is free but kinda works.
It is quick doing the updates which is good because I have two 1.5TB disks in the NAS right now.

Board footer