DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-03-29 18:45:31

qryptiq

website/index.php works internally but not externally

I've come to understand my router and the nat table for forwarding ports to my DNS321. I've forwarded port 8080 to 192.x.x.12. I've also setup DYNDNS with a domain name attached to my wan IP.

I am able to access my port 8080 when using my internal address 192.x.x.x

But when i use my DYNDNS name (tied to my wan IP address)  it goes up the router login (using port 80) (from within my network). If i add port :8080 at the end it doesn't display - gets error "page cannot display"

what could be wrong with this picture?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DNS-321, 2x1.5tb Barracudas

#2 2009-03-29 19:27:08

roth140

Re: website/index.php works internally but not externally

i followed the wiki to get lighttpd, php, and mysql running.  i can access pages/www and get all of the test php's working externally using my public IP and port 80.  the wiki has you change lighttpd to port 80 and bumps the admin login to port 81.  8080 is a little bit of a risk, its also the default port for linksys routers to run remote admin.

i know following the wiki gets the web server working, but i cant get phpBB or myphpadmin to install.  the way the fun_plug works, i think im missing some extensions to setup mysql sock.

post back, ill see if i can help any more

#3 2009-03-29 20:09:57

fordem

First - are you using a static ip address for the DNS-323 or reserved DHCP address?  If it's static did you enter a default gateway setting?
Second - does your ISP block those ports - some do, some don't, especially if your TOS prohibits the hosting of web servers
Third - I get the impression you're testing from inside your network - that does not always work, it depends on the router supporting "loopback" and not all of them do.
Last - it really doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, security wise, if we know what your internal, private, aka, unrouteable, network addresses are, and it occasionally makes assisting you that much more difficult when you "obscure" the addresses.

#4 2009-03-29 20:28:47

qryptiq

thanks Roth, i went ahead and change the port to 80 as suggested

Fordem
First - are you using a static ip address for the DNS-323 or reserved DHCP address? A. Static
If it's static did you enter a default gateway setting? A. Currently the router gateway 192.168.1.1 - Should it be the WAN gateway?

Second - does your ISP block those ports - some do, some don't, especially if your TOS prohibits the hosting of web servers:
A. Hmmm. Maybe this is the problem? I'm trying to acces using my google phone --- but maybe someone can try from their location

Last - it really doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, security wise, if we know what your internal, private, aka, unrouteable, network addresses are, and it occasionally makes assisting you that much more difficult when you "obscure" the addresses.
A. lazy - LOL - i use standard 192.168.1.xxx for internal....

thanks for the help guys...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DNS-321, 2x1.5tb Barracudas

#5 2009-03-29 23:59:37

fordem

The default gateway for devices on your network, should be the default gateway for your network, which will typically be your router.

Board footer