DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-04-18 22:33:17

kuilemans

funpkg not found

Dear readers,

I bought a CH3SNAS a few days ago. Since it's the first Linux experience for me, I would like to submit a question.

After reading on the internet for a couple of hours I started with the funplug from Fonz. After my first session with SSH via Putty I saw (after logging in as "root") a first line that looked something like "root @ CH3SNAS #". Now I followed a tutorial to install and update the additional packages.

After I did this I logged in via SSH as root, but I get a first line like this "~ #."

The real problem I have is that the term "funpkg" has no effect, but I guess that has something to do with what I have described above. When I'm logged in via Telnet "funpkg" works like it should.

I don't know if this is relevant but If I "echo $ PATH" than I do not get the desired "/ FFP / sbin: / usr / sbin: / sbin: / FFP / bin: / usr / bin: / bin".

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you kindly for the response.

#2 2009-04-18 23:00:59

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

Re: funpkg not found

kuilemans wrote:

I don't know if this is relevant but If I "echo $ PATH" than I do not get the desired "/ FFP / sbin: / usr / sbin: / sbin: / FFP / bin: / usr / bin: / bin".

PATH is wrong. Case matters, it's lower-case ffp, and there must not be spaces.

#3 2009-04-19 03:38:38

kuilemans

fonz wrote:

kuilemans wrote:

PATH is wrong. Case matters, it's lower-case ffp, and there must not be spaces.

"

Thank you for the fast answer. But I've been experimenting with the file "profile" in /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/etc/ but I don't get the PATH I mentioned before. When I type "echo #PATH" I get a blanc line. I think I will have to start over again. Before I experimented with the profile file I didn't get the right PATH either (that's the reason why I started experimenting) "ffp/sbin" wasn't in the PATH. (That's what i ment in the first post).

Can you tell me the best way to edit the profile file or is there no way to get the PATH right but to start over again?

#4 2009-04-19 12:27:44

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

It's $PATH, not #PATH

echo #whatever will always print an empty line.

Best way to edit profile is to use vi. And there's no need to start over, this isn't windows.

Check the /ffp/etc directory for a file 'profile.new'. If it's there, rename it to profile (cd /ffp/etc; mv profile.new profile), and you should be done.

#5 2009-04-19 12:58:09

kuilemans

fonz wrote:

It's $PATH, not #PATH

echo #whatever will always print an empty line.

Best way to edit profile is to use vi. And there's no need to start over, this isn't windows.

Check the /ffp/etc directory for a file 'profile.new'. If it's there, rename it to profile (cd /ffp/etc; mv profile.new profile), and you should be done.

'
I would like to sing Halleluja, but I'll leave it with; thank you very much!

Can you tell me what I did wrong in the first place?

#6 2009-04-19 13:03:54

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

kuilemans wrote:

Can you tell me what I did wrong in the first place?

Could be my fault. It should have installed profile (and not profile.new) in the first place.

#7 2009-04-19 13:16:35

kuilemans

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. Have a nice day.

#8 2009-05-01 23:26:58

sil51
Website

Hi all,

Well, after installing all packages, i had the same PATH problem..
Thanks to this forum where I found this post!

Fonz, I think the problem comes with the package ffp-scripts-0.5-18.tgz that changes "/ffp/etc/profil" to "/ffp/etc/profil.new", so PATH links are broken.
Maybe you could fix it in the package ?

Bye

-=[ Sil 51 ]=-
DNS-323 / Firmware 1.09 / 2 x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1To HD103UJ / FFP 0.5

#9 2009-05-03 20:41:23

fonz
Member / Developer
Website

should work if you upgrade the funpkg package first, then upgrade the rest, and finally install new packages.

#10 2009-07-28 05:29:53

moebius

Firstly, i want to say I'm pretty new to this.
I thought i installed the fun_plug right, but now i'm not so sure. I keep getting 'funpkg not found'
I have SSH setup.
I'm trying to follow the instructions above, but /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/etc/ doesn't exist; well to be more precise, ffp is not in /mnt/HD_a2/
What did i do wrong?

Last edited by moebius (2009-07-28 05:54:28)

Board footer