DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-05-28 20:29:07

krimb1

Spinups and spindowns: append ffp.log possible?

Hello and thanks to all the great people who've made fun_plug possible. This is by far the best community I've seen and was my sole reason for having a DNS-323 at all. smile

Quick question here: is there any method to appending disk spinups and spindowns to /mnt/HD_a2/ffp.log? I can check the current state with dns323-spindown, but don't know if it's possible to automate it with a script of some kind.

#2 2009-05-28 23:46:37

zimer

Re: Spinups and spindowns: append ffp.log possible?

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12311
Suggests a possibility, the scrip is design for a different device but it may prove useful as a start to hack at.

#3 2009-05-29 06:40:12

krimb1

Re: Spinups and spindowns: append ffp.log possible?

Zimer, thanks very much for the linky.

I've taken a crack at modifying the script. So far I've modified the mounts it searches and directed it to the /ffp/... directories for the paths to some of the binaries. I'm attaching my current script, but any help would be appreciated as I can't execute long without errors.

At first I included sda4 and sdb4 in the SD_DEVIVES parameter, but I don't think the hdparm -y command will put them to sleep.

Here is my sample output when I run the script:

root@dlink-EE65AE:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start# ./blkdevMonitor.sh
---blkdevMonitor---
Countdown:
[: invalid integer `$[10-1]'
Turn on block_dump
Clean old dmesg
Start...
Countdown:
[: invalid integer `$[10-1]'
[: invalid integer `$[0+1]'
Turn off block_dump
root@dlink-EE65AE:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start#

I believe the problem is in the difference in the integer counter syntax. Sadly though, I don't know enough to correct the problem. Any ideas?

Attachments:
Attachment Icon blkdevMonitor.sh, Size: 3,262 bytes, Downloads: 176

Board footer