DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-06-15 10:36:03

Cirip

Weather Display on the DNS-323

Hi masters!

You helped me a lot yet but I have a new problem.

I bought yesterday a Weather station (WS2350) and it has a com port outlet with COM <> USB converter. It measuere the weather parameters continually and sned it to over port to the web. We have an unprofessiona website (amsz.hu) in Hungary what collect the datas and make a very usefull infosite for free.  I am only one of the data collectors.

So to use the data I use the Weather Display software in XP. But I would like to ru this software all day. I find a Weather Display version for ARM processor but I dont know is it proper for me? http://www.weather-display.com/files.php

I use the Fon's fun plug repository.

And can I use any  toher software to through the com <> USB conversion?

Thanks if anyone can help me!
Best regards!

C.

Last edited by Cirip (2009-06-15 10:37:13)

#2 2009-06-15 11:13:30

custk9

Re: Weather Display on the DNS-323

I'm also interested.

Now I'm using my CH3SNAS predesessor NSLU2 in combination with the meteohub software as I couldn't find a way to link my weatherstation to the CH3SNAS.

Weather Display has also an ARM version but I'm too much of a linux noob to get it working on the CH3SNAS.

edit: O, I see, you already found the link

Recognizing USB/Libraries are imho the things to look at. But again, linux noob...

With my NSLU2 it works like a charm but again, altough low, you got an extra power consumer.

Last edited by custk9 (2009-06-15 11:15:26)

Board footer