DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-09-23 14:16:35

adibbins

Problem - After upgrade from Firmware 1.0.6 to 1.0.7

Hi All,

I've been using my DN-323 quite happily with firmware version 1.0.6, but I tried to use the Scheduled download, which wasn't working as expected, when the scheduled time was due the download didn't happen and the schedule was being removed, which shouldn't have happend as the schedule was set to repeat weekly. Anyway in a effort to resolve this I attempt a firmware upgrade to 1.0.7. version B1

Unfortunately, although the update progressed to success, after the reboot the dns-323 fails to start. Symptoms are:

- Constantly flashing network led, it never settles to constant on state.
- I can't hear any disk spin-up.
- I've tried the reset via the pin hole and pressing for 10 seconds.
- I've tried the a reset via the pin hole and pressing the on-off switch and waiting for top led to stop blinking before release.
- I've tried back-to-back ethernet X-over with my laptop, the ethernet led doesn't get to constant.
- I've tried removing the disks, I've tried installing a single new disk.

I'm running out of ideas, is it bricked?

Am I now at the point of establishing a serial connection to sort it that way, assuming I can.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

#2 2009-09-28 04:58:45

SuperInsanity

Re: Problem - After upgrade from Firmware 1.0.6 to 1.0.7

adibbins wrote:

Hi All,

I've been using my DN-323 quite happily with firmware version 1.0.6, but I tried to use the Scheduled download, which wasn't working as expected, when the scheduled time was due the download didn't happen and the schedule was being removed, which shouldn't have happend as the schedule was set to repeat weekly. Anyway in a effort to resolve this I attempt a firmware upgrade to 1.0.7. version B1

Unfortunately, although the update progressed to success, after the reboot the dns-323 fails to start. Symptoms are:

- Constantly flashing network led, it never settles to constant on state.
- I can't hear any disk spin-up.
- I've tried the reset via the pin hole and pressing for 10 seconds.
- I've tried the a reset via the pin hole and pressing the on-off switch and waiting for top led to stop blinking before release.
- I've tried back-to-back ethernet X-over with my laptop, the ethernet led doesn't get to constant.
- I've tried removing the disks, I've tried installing a single new disk.

I'm running out of ideas, is it bricked?

Am I now at the point of establishing a serial connection to sort it that way, assuming I can.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

I'm hoping someone has the answer as well. Very similar situation.

Upgrade Firmware from 1.05 to 1.07.
Wired network, upgrade completes in web interface, then on reboot, the power light is stuck flashing at all times.
Network light flickers a lot on start up, but then goes out. Then flickers a lot again every once in awhile.

Tried all the suggested resets, removing the drives, etc. Nothing brings it back to normal. Tried the network cable connected directly to my laptop as well. Seems like it's toast...unless someone knows how to fix it.

Any help, direction, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

#3 2009-09-28 15:10:26

debian

Hi all,

+1

Upgrade Firmware from 1.04 to 1.07.
After the fireware upgrade, it functioned correctly.
But after I have stopped it, it was impossible to start it again because the on-off switch blinking everytime and it doesn't start any more.

Sorry for my english.

#4 2009-09-28 19:44:34

rcblackwell
Website

adibbins wrote:

I note the drives were pulled out and re-inserted which usually means power was disconnected from the unit however since it's not stated explicitly I'll ask if the power supply to the unit was unplugged at the back of the unit and 30 seconds allowed to pass prior to plugging it back in. I've seen similar behavior on two occasions, both of which were resolved by unplugging the power supply.

Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON

#5 2009-09-28 20:08:56

SuperInsanity

rcblackwell wrote:

adibbins wrote:

I note the drives were pulled out and re-inserted which usually means power was disconnected from the unit however since it's not stated explicitly I'll ask if the power supply to the unit was unplugged at the back of the unit and 30 seconds allowed to pass prior to plugging it back in. I've seen similar behavior on two occasions, both of which were resolved by unplugging the power supply.

In my case, yes, that was one of the things I tried. In fact as we had to drop another unit in place, the "bricked" unit was unplugged for several days before I got to trying anything else. Still no joy...

Board footer