DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2009-10-31 01:11:27

volvic

Modifying crontab on chrooted debian

I have a Fujitsu Storagebird Duo 35-LR (a Frodo II device, same as Dlink DNS-323 etc) which I have flashed with a Conceptronic CH3SNAS 1.05 firmware. This worked because I have modified the "customer byte" that indicates the customer of the OEM producer (i changed it to '3' which corresponds to Fujitsu). I have also installed a chrooted Debian as per the instructions on http://dns323.kood.org/howto:chroot_debian. It has worked great so far.

My problem is that I can not seem to be able to modify the crontab that is somehow set by the device upon reboot. If i do a crontab -l > out.txt in the fun_plug script, this file contains the following:

------------------------
32 2 * * * /usr/sbin/rtc -s
30 2 2 * * /usr/sbin/rtc -c
59 1 * * * /usr/sbin/daylight &
*/10 * * * * /usr/sbin/offl_chk two &
*/60 * * * * /usr/sbin/getdhcp&
------------------------

Now, the second last line (offl_chk) causes the hard drives to be acessed every ten minutes - not exactly ideal.
I have tried editing the crontab through ssh ("sudo su" then "crontab -e") but this does not modify the right crontab. I have also tried modifying it through the fun_plug script, like so:

------------------------
crontab -r
echo '*/10 * * * * /usr/sbin/getdhcp&' > /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
echo '32 2 * * * /usr/sbin/rtc -s' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
echo '30 2 2 * * /usr/sbin/rtc -c' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
echo '59 1 * * * /usr/sbin/daylight &' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
echo '*/20 */2 * * * /usr/sbin/offl_chk two &' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
start' >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
------------------------

But this has absolutely no effect.

I feel I have stretched my linux admin skills to their limit, is there anyone out there who can help me save my poor hard drives?

Last edited by volvic (2009-11-01 15:07:54)

Board footer