DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#51 2007-06-15 08:29:19

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

shadowandy wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

Does it happen for all torrents? Or there are insufficient seeders or peers to have a complete file?

I have a question (I'm just a linux newbee) :
Right now I'm using the 1.4beta firmware on the device.

/cat version
Linux version 2.6.12.6-arm1 ,gcc version 3.3.3

Maybe this is the problem, why my mldonkey not working ?





1.4 beta RN :

Version        Date            Item
--------    ------------    ----------------------------------------------------
v1.04         06/08/2007    1.Cannot map a drive in vista if you have usernames and passwords : Fixed.
                2.ADVANCED > USER:  Do not ask for old password when changing user password.
                (Do not remove this from Admin Password) : Fixed
                3.SETUP WIZARD:  Add Daylight Savings Time option to wizard. : Fixed.
                4.TOOLS > TIME:  If user sets Daylight Savings Time, do not lose this setting when
                 changing to some other time option.  Steps to duplicate:
                    a. Set time by NTP.
                    b. Set daylight savings time to USA.
                    c. Set time by manual.
                      d. Daylight savings time is 'None' nowˇK.
                5.TOOLS > ADMIN:  Allow user to create blank password. : Fixed.
                6.DHCP Server always has the same client name : Fixed.
                7.BiTorrent added.
                8.Migration from Samba 2.x to Samba 3.x to fix Vista issue.
                9.FTP Server support Unicode.
                10.GoAhead WebServer logo added to the first login UI.
                11.Combine User / Group to one section.
                12.When setting quotas, if multiple volumes are available, quota is applied to all volumes : Fixed.
                13.A progress bar is needed in the refresh option for UPnP-AV, due to Large MP3 files take long
                 to refresh and the user thinks that the DNS-323 is crashed : Fixed.
                14.Create Folders directly via GUI of the DNS-323, not only over mapped network, i.e Windows Explorer : Fixed.
                15.Support D-Link DDNS.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#52 2007-06-15 10:05:47

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

shadowandy wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

Does it happen for all torrents? Or there are insufficient seeders or peers to have a complete file?

I have a question (I'm just a linux newbee) :
Right now I'm using the 1.4beta firmware on the device.

/cat version
Linux version 2.6.12.6-arm1 ,gcc version 3.3.3

Maybe this is the problem, why my mldonkey not working ?





1.4 beta RN :

Version        Date            Item
--------    ------------    ----------------------------------------------------
v1.04         06/08/2007    1.Cannot map a drive in vista if you have usernames and passwords : Fixed.
                2.ADVANCED > USER:  Do not ask for old password when changing user password.
                (Do not remove this from Admin Password) : Fixed
                3.SETUP WIZARD:  Add Daylight Savings Time option to wizard. : Fixed.
                4.TOOLS > TIME:  If user sets Daylight Savings Time, do not lose this setting when
                 changing to some other time option.  Steps to duplicate:
                    a. Set time by NTP.
                    b. Set daylight savings time to USA.
                    c. Set time by manual.
                      d. Daylight savings time is 'None' nowˇK.
                5.TOOLS > ADMIN:  Allow user to create blank password. : Fixed.
                6.DHCP Server always has the same client name : Fixed.
                7.BiTorrent added.
                8.Migration from Samba 2.x to Samba 3.x to fix Vista issue.
                9.FTP Server support Unicode.
                10.GoAhead WebServer logo added to the first login UI.
                11.Combine User / Group to one section.
                12.When setting quotas, if multiple volumes are available, quota is applied to all volumes : Fixed.
                13.A progress bar is needed in the refresh option for UPnP-AV, due to Large MP3 files take long
                 to refresh and the user thinks that the DNS-323 is crashed : Fixed.
                14.Create Folders directly via GUI of the DNS-323, not only over mapped network, i.e Windows Explorer : Fixed.
                15.Support D-Link DDNS.

it has BT support officially?

any links to the firmware? able to send it to me via email? thnx


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#53 2007-06-15 10:19:09

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

shadowandy wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

Does it happen for all torrents? Or there are insufficient seeders or peers to have a complete file?

I have a question (I'm just a linux newbee) :
Right now I'm using the 1.4beta firmware on the device.

/cat version
Linux version 2.6.12.6-arm1 ,gcc version 3.3.3

Maybe this is the problem, why my mldonkey not working ?





1.4 beta RN :

Version        Date            Item
--------    ------------    ----------------------------------------------------
v1.04         06/08/2007    1.Cannot map a drive in vista if you have usernames and passwords : Fixed.
                2.ADVANCED > USER:  Do not ask for old password when changing user password.
                (Do not remove this from Admin Password) : Fixed
                3.SETUP WIZARD:  Add Daylight Savings Time option to wizard. : Fixed.
                4.TOOLS > TIME:  If user sets Daylight Savings Time, do not lose this setting when
                 changing to some other time option.  Steps to duplicate:
                    a. Set time by NTP.
                    b. Set daylight savings time to USA.
                    c. Set time by manual.
                      d. Daylight savings time is 'None' nowˇK.
                5.TOOLS > ADMIN:  Allow user to create blank password. : Fixed.
                6.DHCP Server always has the same client name : Fixed.
                7.BiTorrent added.
                8.Migration from Samba 2.x to Samba 3.x to fix Vista issue.
                9.FTP Server support Unicode.
                10.GoAhead WebServer logo added to the first login UI.
                11.Combine User / Group to one section.
                12.When setting quotas, if multiple volumes are available, quota is applied to all volumes : Fixed.
                13.A progress bar is needed in the refresh option for UPnP-AV, due to Large MP3 files take long
                 to refresh and the user thinks that the DNS-323 is crashed : Fixed.
                14.Create Folders directly via GUI of the DNS-323, not only over mapped network, i.e Windows Explorer : Fixed.
                15.Support D-Link DDNS.

Since BiTorrent is supported, there is not much reasons to use mld. Just joking. I would need to wait for 1.04 to really test on it to see what is the prob. smile


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#54 2007-06-15 10:51:59

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

IT'S JUST BETA !!!!! SO JUST FOR TESTING

http://techtool.dlink.hu/dns323/index.html

1.04b21 BETA firmware + Easysearch program

1- download the zip file above
2- unpack, and upload the firmware to the device
3- after that, run the easysearch program - and in this program select your dns-323 - and click "Downloader" - without this the torrent downloads disabled !!
4- Login to dns-323 Downloads section - click Downloader
5- download some torrents smile


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#55 2007-06-15 11:35:47

keule
Member
Registered: 2007-03-12
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

@craft

We don't hate you! We love you :-)
It's good to have someone from dlink readinh here and maybe supporting the comunity!

If the new Firmware has torrent-support it should be called 2.0!

I need the Firefly server provided here to work on the device (to support my soundbridge properly). Will Firefly still work with the new Firmware?

best regards,
keule

Offline

 

#56 2007-06-15 11:40:59

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Don't know the Firefly support - because i dont know the Firefly server - I'm not using it right now.
But I will try to install - and give you the results.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#57 2007-06-15 12:10:00

craft
Member
From: Budapest, Hungary
Registered: 2007-06-14
Posts: 122
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Yes, it's working fine - the Firefly server.
I can access the FS webpage on http://ip:3689
Right now the server indexing my mp3 files - ^^ 2556 mp3 found smile))
And i can play everything in Itunes.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x DNS-320
1 x DNS-325

Offline

 

#58 2007-06-15 12:22:10

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

the global community is very very very small...


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#59 2007-06-15 13:44:50

keule
Member
Registered: 2007-03-12
Posts: 22

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

@craft
Can you please also test the standalloe-version of Firefly with R1.04beta?
(see in the Wiki for installation instructions)

best regards...megakeule

Offline

 

#60 2007-06-16 18:27:31

elekfunk
Member
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 6

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Great work! It seems to operate very well, but it eats a lot of memory on my DNS-323 and so the Windows filesharing stops to work after a few minutes when I start mlnet. Any workarounds or ideas on how to avoid that?

-E

Offline

 

#61 2007-06-17 14:59:38

richneo
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-29
Posts: 77

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

craft wrote:

shadowandy wrote:

craft wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem. The mldonkey core not 100% working on my dns-323, if I start the core from lnx_bin just like shadowandy.
The core is working, i can connect the webpage and i can use sancho.
The problem is - with this core the torrent downloads stops at 98%, and the core cant finish the download.
If i'm starting the core inside etch - another install inside etch - the mldonkey working 100% - and it can finish my torrent donwloads.
Any idea ?

Thank's :

Craft

Does it happen for all torrents? Or there are insufficient seeders or peers to have a complete file?

I have a question (I'm just a linux newbee) :
Right now I'm using the 1.4beta firmware on the device.

/cat version
Linux version 2.6.12.6-arm1 ,gcc version 3.3.3

Maybe this is the problem, why my mldonkey not working ?
.

craft is it possible to incorporate flash drive/usb hdd into the 323 officially?

Last edited by richneo (2007-06-17 15:00:46)


2xDNS-323 ,1xDNS-313, 1xDNS-343

Offline

 

#62 2007-06-24 06:30:28

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

elekfunk wrote:

Great work! It seems to operate very well, but it eats a lot of memory on my DNS-323 and so the Windows filesharing stops to work after a few minutes when I start mlnet. Any workarounds or ideas on how to avoid that?

-E

I will look into the issue when I am done with my personal stuffs. Been busy these few weeks and will be busy for the upcoming weeks as well. Try to lower the settings for the Bittorrent (in terms of connection count, connection rate, ..) and it might help.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#63 2007-06-25 18:38:55

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Help...

When I try to execute the mldonkey script (the mlnet.sh file), I get the nohup: appending to nohup.out error.
As I am a linux newbie I haven't got a clue what to do next...
I dropped the install files on via a windows session, would that make a difference? All the other commands worked ok...
I tried using nohup /mnt/hd_a2/mlnet.sh but that didn't work either... Certainly nothing shows up when I run ps...

I also used the correct telnet install...

Last edited by ultim8um (2007-06-25 18:50:30)

Offline

 

#64 2007-06-25 22:44:33

jbirney
Member
Registered: 2007-05-31
Posts: 28

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultim8um wrote:

Help...

When I try to execute the mldonkey script (the mlnet.sh file), I get the nohup: appending to nohup.out error.
As I am a linux newbie I haven't got a clue what to do next...
I dropped the install files on via a windows session, would that make a difference? All the other commands worked ok...
I tried using nohup /mnt/hd_a2/mlnet.sh but that didn't work either... Certainly nothing shows up when I run ps...

I also used the correct telnet install...

Try to install the funplug2 that Fonz did as that has nohup. Shadoandy had a link to the install on his Mldonkey page. Its pretty easy as I was even able to get it running (after one silly mistake). I had the same issue you did until I did that. Once I got that installed I was able to follow the other part of the setup and away I was running with it!

Offline

 

#65 2007-06-25 23:41:01

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

I have installed Fonz's funplug (the telnet funplug that Shadowandy mentions). I can telnet to the box fine and nohup seems to be there but I still get an error message? I have tried rebooting etc and no joy so far... I have tried running / # nohup /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh as well as the default / # /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh

Still neither works...

Last edited by ultim8um (2007-06-25 23:59:18)

Offline

 

#66 2007-06-26 06:30:18

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultim8um wrote:

I have installed Fonz's funplug (the telnet funplug that Shadowandy mentions). I can telnet to the box fine and nohup seems to be there but I still get an error message? I have tried rebooting etc and no joy so far... I have tried running / # nohup /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh as well as the default / # /mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh

Still neither works...

What you can try is

# mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey
# rm -rf /.mldonkey
# ./mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh

See if it works. If I am not wrong, my portion of detecting if mldonkey directory exists (in mlnet.sh) is written wrongly.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#67 2007-06-26 06:40:09

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

if you wish, you can download the zip from the site again and use the new mlnet.sh and see if it fixes your prob.


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#68 2007-06-26 11:02:37

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Tried everything you mentioned in both of your prevoius posts Shadowandy... Still not working! Everytime it gives the nohup error and nothing extra appears in the list after a "ps"...

Offline

 

#69 2007-06-26 11:09:30

fonz
Member / Developer
From: Berlin
Registered: 2007-02-06
Posts: 1716
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

You mean this?

ultim8um wrote:

nohup: appending to nohup.out

It's not an error.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nohup

Offline

 

#70 2007-06-26 11:13:40

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

I appreciate that it in itself is not an error, but it is pointing out that something didn't go right...? Sorry but I know almost nothing about Linux although I am quite happy using CLI's and associated programs.

Offline

 

#71 2007-06-26 11:16:32

fonz
Member / Developer
From: Berlin
Registered: 2007-02-06
Posts: 1716
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultim8um wrote:

but it is pointing out that something didn't go right...?

No. Everything is fine with nohup. RTFM and you will understand.

Offline

 

#72 2007-06-26 11:27:38

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Fonz, I did read it first time round, and I guess the system is telling me to use nohup to get mlnet.sh to run in the background (without hanging up). However, having tried that it still doesn't work.
Your Telnet pack went on fine, no trouble at all.

P.S. Shadowandy, sounds like you enjoyed yourself in Hong Kong!
P.P.S. Please excuse me if my comprehension is slow, I am at home with the flu sad lol

Last edited by ultim8um (2007-06-26 11:38:14)

Offline

 

#73 2007-06-26 11:46:12

fonz
Member / Developer
From: Berlin
Registered: 2007-02-06
Posts: 1716
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

It's sometimes not easy to find out what's going wrong. You should check the contents of the nohup.out. If there's an error message, you might find it in there. Another useful tool is "netstat -tln" which shows the list of TCP server sockets. Check if you see mldonkey ports in that list. Also, you should learn about the "ps a" command, which shows a list of running processes. Check if mldonkey is running or if it exits immediately... Good luck.

Offline

 

#74 2007-06-26 11:47:38

shadowandy
Member
From: Singapore
Registered: 2007-05-26
Posts: 89
Website

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

ultim8um wrote:

Fonz, I did read it first time round, and I guess the system is telling me to use nohup to get mlnet.sh to run in the background (without hanging up). However, having tried that it still doesn't work.
Your Telnet pack went on fine, no trouble at all.

P.S. Shadowandy, sounds like you enjoyed yourself in Hong Kong!
P.P.S. Please excuse me if my comprehension is slow, I am at home with the flu sad lol

Yeap, had a fine time in Hong Kong and trying hard to speak their language to get around the area. Good thing they speak english (not all).

try typing the following commands

# ./mnt/HD_a2/mlnet.sh
# ps | grep "mlnet" | wc -l

The number shown should be greater than 1

if the number is 1, run the following command

# ./mnt/HD_a2/lnx_bin/mlnet

and see if it ends with a segmentation fault.


Edit: Accidentally left out a "

Last edited by shadowandy (2007-06-29 21:02:16)


SpeedStream 5660, DIR-655,  DNS-323, MLDonkey (DNS-323), DNS-343, DIR-300 Tips & Hacks

Offline

 

#75 2007-06-26 12:00:23

ultim8um
Member
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 11

Re: torrent clients for DNS-323

Fonz: Nothing extra in the way of TCP sockets its just Web, FTP, Netbios and a socket for printing by the looks of it... How the hell do I find the nohup output file??? I have looked over the entire drive AFAIK and I can't find it...

Shadowandy: Erm not sure what it is you have got me to do there Andy but it changes the prompt from "/ #" to just a ">"
I pasted your commands in as I wasn't sure about spacing or if the end character was a 1 or an l but the first command displays nohup as usual and the second one changes the prompt...
Just out of curiousity why the single quotation mark in the second command line? Is that intentional?

EDIT: OK I just tried that second command again but modified it to *ps | grep "mlnet.sh" | wc -l* (*= quotes) and it returns a 1

Yes it does return a seg fault after that as well... (finally feel like I am getting somewhere now lol, even if it isn't good).
EDIT: So I tried your instructions for dealing with a seg fault...

(recreated the mldonkey folder etc)

Now I get

chmod: /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey/*: No such file or directory
nohup: appending to nohup.out

Back to work for me tomorrow guys so I wont be around much. I will check the forums in the morning before I go to work though.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by ultim8um (2007-06-27 08:53:28)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2010 PunBB