DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-02-17 23:35:54

thierry

Access Management

Hi,
Currently the DNS-323 is open on my network. Everyone has acces to everything.

But I would like to make areas only for certain users. And close access to guests.

Where can I find instructions on this? I have ffp installed.

thanks!

#2 2010-02-18 02:01:15

ojosch

Re: Access Management

Just go into the web administration GUI by going to the IP of the unit with a web browser on a remote machine. Then log in and find the page where you can set up users and groups. Set up all your users and groups. Then find the other page that controls what users / groups have access to what folders and you can delete the default permission that just gives global access to all users, and make your own rules there to give certain users and groups access to certain folders. I can't be more specific because I am out of town and can't get to the web GUI from remotely because I shut off all my Windows boxes at home, otherwise I would actually log in and say what pages to click on to get there. But it isn't hard to find. It might be under 'Tools' or 'Advanced' or something like that. Good luck

#3 2010-02-19 00:02:40

thierry

Re: Access Management

Hi, I tried doing this, but as soon as I do, no one can access the directories anymore. they get asked for a password, but the user name and password fails, we tried many times and had to reopen everything to keep working.

Also, it seems that a user cannot be part of multiple groups, normal?

thanks again for your support! smile

Board footer