DSM-G600, DNS-3xx and NSA-220 Hack Forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what fun_plug is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2010-03-16 19:26:05

bpkengor

troubling rebuilding my unit

All,

I've had my DNS-323 setup in a RAID configuration for a couple of years.  I am in the midst of rebuilding to a 2 standard drive configuration.   I'm now having trouble accessing one of the drives.   

Here is what I did:

I backed up everything
I shutdown the unit
i removed one drive
i powered up the unit
the unit recognized the remaining drive and let me reformat it to standard
i shut down the unit
I re-inserted the drive that i had removed
Unit would not recognize that drive.

I tried all kinds of combinations:   switching drive bays;  pulling out the reformatted drive, etc.  and whatever i do the unit will not recognize the one drive.

right now, i have the unit running with the one drive that it can't read.   the drive indicator light is blinking.  so presumably the hardware is recognizing the drive but the OS doesn't see it.   

I had various customizations installed so i thought i need to restore to the factory defaults.   didn't help. 

i'm running 1.06 firmware.    2 identical Seagate Barracuda drives.   

Advice?

#2 2010-03-18 04:13:55

jesbo

Re: troubling rebuilding my unit

I would just take each of the 2 drives and hook them up to a PC long enough to delete all partitions from the drives (i.e. make them look like unconfigured disks right out of the box).  Then place them into the DNS.  If you really want to go back to ground-zero, reset the DNS-323 to factory defaults before reinstelling the "blank" disks.

While you're at it, you should just go ahead and flash the unit to FW 1.08 so its on the latest version.

Last edited by jesbo (2010-03-18 04:15:14)

DNS-323 (H/W ver. B1) |  2 x 1 TB WD Caviar Black (Raid 1) | Corsair Flash Voyager - 16 GB USB | FW 1.08 | fun_plug 0.5

Board footer